Jakarta JKT - Denpasar (Bali) DPS
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Denpasar
Denpasar has been the capital city of the Bali province since 1960. It is now the administrative center of Bali and the most popular landing point for the flocks of tourists who visit the picturesque island each year. Also known as the “Island of the Gods,” Bali is the best known Indonesian island among foreign tourists. It’s not surprising that people visit the island in droves in search of picture-perfect beaches, happening nightlife, adventurous parks, museums and moving temples. The culture of Bali is unique to everywhere else in Indonesia, and the welcoming Balinese people display their dances, ceremonies and practices in many ways for visitors. Best of all, the island boasts a wide variety of hotels, eateries and shops for every budget. Ngurah Rai International Airport in Denpasar is the most popular port of entry for those visiting the island, and the airport remains one of the busiest in Indonesia.
How long the time of flight is?
The flight time for direct flights from Jakarta to Denpasar, Bali is 1 hour and 50 minutes.
Time difference between cities
Jakarta is located in the Indonesia Western Time Zone and Bali is in the Indonesia Central Time Zone. The times in the two cities vary by one hour. If the time is 8 a.m. in Jakarta, it is 9 a.m. in Denpasar, Bali.
• More than 40 flights are operated between Jakarta and Denpasar, Bali each day.
• Seven airlines offer direct flights from Jakarta to Denpasar. Those airlines are Lion Air, AirAsia, Garuda Indonesia, Sriwijaya Air, Air Asia X, Citilink and Batik Air.
• Garuda Indonesia is the most popular airline offering flight services between Jakarta and Denpasar.
• Forty-five percent of all scheduled direct flights from Jakarta to Denpasar depart in the morning.
• Thirty percent of all scheduled direct flights from Jakarta to Denpasar arrive at night.
• Lion Air, Garuda Indonesia and Citilink offer many connecting flights between Jakarta and Denpasar, Bali.
• Surabaya and Yogyakarta are the two main stops for connecting flights on the route between Jakarta and Denpasar.
General information about this route
The distance between Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta and Ngurah Rai International Airport in Denpasar, Bali, is 968 kilometers or 523 nautical miles.
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital city of the Republic of Indonesia, and it serves as the country’s political, economical and cultural center. Jakarta, known for its glimmering skyscrapers, government buildings and non-stop entertainment, is a hotspot for tourists seeking the real Indonesia. In addition to modern office buildings and apartment complexes, Jakarta offers a variety of cultural and natural destinations that visitors won’t want to miss. It is recommended that every visitor admires the beauty of Indonesia’s marine environment at the Thousand Islands and dives into the culture of Kota Tua Jakarta or “Old Town” Jakarta. The Istiqlal Mosque, Jakarta Cathedral, and the shining National Monument are also must-visit attractions in the capital city. Most travelers access Jakarta, and all of Indonesia, through the bustling Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, which remains the main hub for domestic and international flights flying to and from the country.
How long the time of flight is?
The flight time for direct flights from Denpasar, Bali to Jakarta is 1 hour and 55 minutes.
Time difference between cities
Denpasar, Bali, is located in the Indonesia Central Time Zone, and Jakarta is in the Indonesia Western Time Zone. The times in the two cities vary by 1 hour. If the time is 11 a.m. in Denpasar, Bali, the time is 10 a.m. in Jakarta.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Ngurah Rai International Airport to Denpasar City Center
Travelers arriving in Bali through Ngurah Rai International Airport have several public transportation options for reaching Denpasar and numerous locations across the island. Those transportation options are the following.
Travelers can use taxis to access Denpasar and various other destinations across the island of Bali. Official airport taxis can be found at Ngurah Rai International Airport’s domestic and international terminals. Black plate, or unofficial, taxis can also be found at the airport, but it’s important to negotiate a fair price to your destination before entering a black plate taxi.
2. Car rental
Many tourists find rental vehicles convenient for traveling throughout the island of Bali. You can reserve your vehicle online ahead of time or use the car rental services available at the airport. The rental rate depends on the distance you’ll be traveling as well as the type of vehicle you choose.
3. City transport
One of the most common forms of public transportation in Bali is the bemo. Bemos are three-wheeled vehicles or minibuses used to travel throughout the city and beyond for affordable rates. Bemos can be picked up directly at Ngurah Rai International Airport, and fares typically range between 5,000 Rp and 10,000 Rp for one-way service.
Transportation from Jakarta City Center to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
Travelers have numerous transportation options for accessing Soekarno-Hatta International Airport from the Jakarta city center and beyond. Those options are the following.
1. Damri bus
Damri buses operate several routes from various locations throughout Jakarta and its nearby areas. The fees for Damri buses from Jakarta to the airport vary from 40,000 Rp to 65,000 Rp depending on the route taken and distance traveled. Damri buses operate from 2 a.m. to 7 p.m., every day.
The taxis available throughout Jakarta are typically regular taxis and executive taxis. Travelers can choose which type of taxi they prefer for transportation to the airport. Executive taxis are typically more luxurious vehicles with more passenger comforts. Most regular and executive taxis are metered, and a taxi fare from the city center of Jakarta to the airport typically costs around 200,000 Rp. Executive taxis are always more expensive than regular taxis. Online taxis, such as Uber and Grab, are also available to travelers who prefer booking from their smartphones.
Several buses travel from locations throughout Jakarta and beyond to the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport terminals. Those routes and fares are the following.
• Mas Agra route PGC Cililitan - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 35,000 Rp per person
• Main Hiba route Depok - Soekarno-Hatta International PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Sinar Jaya route Cullinan - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Primajasa route Bandung - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 115,000 Rp per person
4. Car rental
You may also rent a vehicle to travel to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. Numerous car rental services can be located throughout Jakarta and nearby areas. The most commonly used car rental companies are Golden Bird, Blue Garuda, Indonesia Premier League and Trac. Car rental fees depend on your location and the type of vehicle you choose.
5. Shuttle bus
A free shuttle bus can be taken from Carrefour TransMart Cikokol to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. The bus departs Carrefour TransMart Cikokol at 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m., each day.
Flight route between Jakarta and Denpasar (Bali): distance 982 km
Departing from Jakarta
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palangkaraya (PKY) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jayapura (DJJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Kupang (KOE) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pangkal Pinang (PGK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Bengkulu (BKS) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Ambon (AMQ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Malang (MLG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jambi (DJB) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Semarang (SRG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pontianak (PNK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pekanbaru (PKU) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Balikpapan (BPN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Batam (BTH) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Solo (SOC) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palembang (PLM) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Singapore (SIN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Lombok (LOP) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Banjarmasin (BDJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Padang (PDG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Yogyakarta (JOG) tickets
Arriving at Denpasar (Bali)
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.