Yogyakarta JOG - Jakarta JKT
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital city of the Republic of Indonesia. This thriving city, a favorite of tourists and locals alike, serves as Indonesia’s political, cultural and economical center. Known for its glimmering skyscrapers, the city is also home to cultural and natural sites that shouldn’t be missed. Visitors can venture to the picture-perfect beaches of Thousand Islands as well as the nearby Tidung and Scout islands. In the city, Kota Tua Jakarta, or “Old Town” Jakarta, the Ragunan Zoo, Jakarta Cathedral, National Monument and the Istiqlal Mosque are must-visit cultural sites. In addition to historical, cultural and natural sites, tourists can indulge in hundreds of eateries, 170 shopping malls and countless nightlife venues. Most visitors to the capital city and its nearby destinations enter through Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, the largest and busiest airport in all of Indonesia. The airport is also the main hub for international flights entering the country and is a common jumping point for travelers visiting other islands.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required to take a direct flight from Yogyakarta to Jakarta is 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Time difference between cities
Yogyakarta and Jakarta are both located in the Indonesia Western Time Zone. If the time in Yogyakarta is 11 a.m., the time in the country’s capital city is also 11 a.m.
• Six airlines serve the route from Yogyakarta to Jakarta. Those airlines are Garuda Indonesia, Batik Air, Lion Air, Indonesia AirAsia, Citilink and Sriwijaya Air
• Thirty-three scheduled direct flights fly from Yogyakarta to Jakarta each day.
• Forty-five percent of the total flights from Yogyakarta to Jakarta depart in the morning.
• Twenty-five percent of the scheduled direct flights from Yogyakarta to Jakarta arrive in the evening..
• The largest aircraft that flies directly from Jakarta to Yogyakarta is the 215-passenger Boeing 737-900.
• The smallest aircraft that flies directly from Yogyakarta to Jakarta is the 120-passenger Boeing 737-500.
• Garuda Indonesia provides 32 percent of the total flights between Yogyakarta and Jakarta.
General information about this route
The distance between Adisutjipto International Airport (JOG) in Yogyakarta to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) in Jakarta is 428 kilometers.
Information about Yogyakarta
Yogyakarta is the capital of the Yogyakarta Special Region of the island of Java. It’s also one of Indonesia’s major tourist destinations. The city is known as the island’s center of education and traditional Javanese art, including music, batik, poetry, food and more. In addition to being a center for the arts, Yogyakarta is home to numerous tourist attractions, including Tugu Yogyakarta, the esteemed shopping road Jalan Malioboro, Ratu Boko Palace, the Prambanan Temple, and the world-famous Borobudur temple. The area is just as welcoming to nature lovers with breathtaking natural sites, including Mangunan Orchard, the Parangtritis tourist beach and the Parangkusumo sand dunes, an expanse of towering sand dunes often used for climbing and sand boarding. Whether you’re interested in dining, shopping, nightlife or beachcombing, Yogyakarta is a must-visit destination. Most tourists access Yogyakarta and nearby destinations through the city’s bustling Adisutjipto International Airport.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required to take a direct flight from Jakarta to Yogyakarta is 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Time difference between cities
Jakarta and Yogyakarta are both in the Indonesia Western Time Zone, so there is no time difference between the two locations. If the time is 10 p.m., in Jakarta, the time is also 10 p.m., in Yogyakarta.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport to Jakarta City Center
Travelers arriving at Jakarta’s Soekarno-Hatta International Airport have numerous transportation options for reaching the city center and beyond. Those options are the following.
1. Damri Bus
Damri buses are available at the airport terminals, and they travel numerous routes to destinations throughout Jakarta and beyond, including Depok, Bekasi, Karawang and more. Fees vary between 40,000 Rp and 65,000 Rp for one-way travel depending on the route taken. Damri buses operate from 2 a.m. to 7 p.m., every day.
Regular and executive taxis can be found at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. Simply choose which type of taxi you prefer, and you’ll be able to locate one to take you to any location in Jakarta and its surrounding areas. Taxi fares vary based on the distance traveled, and executive taxis, which use more luxurious vehicles, are always more expensive. Typically a taxi ride from the airport to the city center costs 200,000 Rp. Online taxis, such as Uber and Grab, may also pick up passengers at the airport. You must order the taxi via the company’s smartphone app, and the fare will be calculated based on the distance traveled.
Several buses can be found at the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport terminals and taken to locations throughout Jakarta and beyond. Those bus routes and rates are the following.
• Agra Mas route Soekarno-Hatta - PGC Cililitan PP 35,000 Rp per person
• Hiba Utama route Soekarno-Hatta - Depok PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Sinar Jaya route Soekarno-Hatta - Cileungsi PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Primajasa route Soekarno-Hatta - Bandung PP 115,000 Rp per person
There are three official travel operators that can be found at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, including Cipaganti, Citi Trans and X-Trans. These travel operators take visitors to the city of Bandung for rates between 50,000 Rp and 250,000 Rp. You can locate the travel operators near the airport’s terminal exits.
5. Car rental
Travelers can also rent vehicles from the authorized operators at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. The most commonly used car rental companies at the airport are Garuda Blue, Laks Prima Transport, Golden Bird, Trac and Premier League Indonesia.
6. Shuttle bus
In addition to providing a free shuttle bus for transportation from one terminal to another, Soekarno-Hatta International Airport offers a free shuttle bus to TransMart Cikokol Carrefour. This bus departs the airport for TransMart Cikokol at 8:30 a.m., 11 a.m., 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m., every day.
Transportation from Yogyakarta City Center to Adi Sutjipto International Airport
Travelers flying out of Yogyakarta’s Adisutjipto International Airport have several transportation options for reaching the city center and beyond.
1. Trans Jogja Bus
Yogyakarta’s Trans Jogja bus system is similar to the TransJakarta bus system. The buses operate specific routes to special bus shelters located throughout the city and its nearby areas. Several Trans Jogja buses access Adi Sutjipto International Airport. The cost of one-way service to the airport is just 4,000 Rp, and the buses run from 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. The four bus routes that travel to Adi Sutjipto International Airport are the following.
• Trans Jogja 1A Prambanan-Adi Sutjipto International Airport-JEC
• Trans Jogja 1B Adi Sutjipto International Airport-JEC-Lean Chess
• Trans Jogja 3A Adi Sutjipto International Airport-Giwangan-Jokteng Kulon
• Trans Jogja 3B Giwangan-Adi Sutjipto International Airport-Kotagede
Travelers who wish to ride the train can travel to the airport from Tugu Station. The Prambanan Express or Prameks trains will take you toward the Maguwo Station near Adi Sutjipto International Airport. Train service to the airport costs just 3,000 Rp, and the trains operate from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., every day.
3. Damri Bus
Damri buses also access Adi Sutjipto International Airport from Yogyakarta. The Damri buses run from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., every day, and the routes are the following.
• Damri Adi Sutjipto - Kebumen
• Damri Adi Sutjipto - Magelang
• Damri Adi Sutjipto - Purworejo
Travelers can also take commercial taxis from anywhere within the city and its nearby areas to Adi Sutjipto International Airport.
Flight route between Yogyakarta and Jakarta: distance 456 km
Departing from Yogyakarta
Arriving at Jakarta
- Ambon (AMQ) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Kupang (KOE) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Pangkal Pinang (PGK) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Palangkaraya (PKY) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Bengkulu (BKS) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Balikpapan (BPN) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Jambi (DJB) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Malang (MLG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Jayapura (DJJ) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Lombok (LOP) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Pekanbaru (PKU) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Padang (PDG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Batam (BTH) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Semarang (SRG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Palembang (PLM) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Pontianak (PNK) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Solo (SOC) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Banjarmasin (BDJ) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Yogyakarta (JOG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Makassar (UPG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.