Yogyakarta JOG - Denpasar (Bali) DPS
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Denpasar
Denpasar is the capital of the Bali province and the governmental and economic center of the popular island. As the capital of the Indonesian province most visited by tourists, Denpasar is home to an abundance of tourist sites. However, most travelers spend time venturing out of the city to Bali’s must-visit beaches, volcanoes and other natural wonders. The island is always bustling with tourists from other areas of Indonesia and around the world. Most travelers access the island of Bali through Denpasar’s Ngurah Rai International Airport.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required to fly directly from Yogyakarta to Denpasar, Bali is 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Time difference between cities
The time difference between the city of Yogyakarta and Denpasar, Bali is 1 hour. If the time in the city of Yogyakarta is 10 a.m., then the time in Denpasar, Bali is 11 a.m.
• Three airlines operate flights on the route from Yogyakarta to Denpasar, Bali. Those airlines are Garuda Indonesia, AirAsia and Lion Air.
• There are 8,547 seats available each week on flights from Yogyakarta to Denpasar, Bali.
• Garuda Indonesia offers 21 scheduled direct flights from Yogyakarta to Denpasar, Bali.
• Forty-three percent of all direct flights from Yogyakarta to Denpasar, Bali depart in the morning.
• Forty-three percent of all direct flights from Yogyakarta to Denpasar, Bali arrive in the morning.
• The largest aircraft flying directly on the route from Yogyakarta to Denpasar, Bali is the Boeing 737-900 with 213 passenger seats.
• The smallest aircraft to fly directly on the route from Yogyakarta to Denpasar, Bali is the Boeing 737-800 with 156 passenger seats.
General information about this route
The distance from Adi Sutjipto International Airport (JOG) in Yogyakarta to Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) in Denpasar, Bali is 533 kilometers.
Information about Yogyakarta
Yogyakarta is the capital of the Yogyakarta province and was once the temporary capital of the Republic of Indonesia. The city, which is also known by its nicknames “Gudeg” and “Kota Pelajar,” remains one of the most famous tourist destinations in the country. Tourists can visit famous historical attractions, including the Prambanan and Borobudur temples, as well as an abundance of geoheritage sites. Adi Sutjipto International Airport is a major gateway into the city for business people, travelers and locals.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required to take a flight from Denpasar, Bali to Jakarta is 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Time difference between cities
The time difference between Denpasar, Bali and Yogyakarta is 1 hour. If the time in Denpasar, Bali is 10 p.m., then the time in Yogyakarta is 9 p.m.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Ngurah Rai International Airport to Denpasar City Center
Travelers arriving at Ngurah Rai International Airport have numerous transportation options available for accessing downtown Denpasar and other areas across bali. Those public transportation options are the following.
You may choose to take a taxi from the airport to downtown Denpasar or any other popular destination across the island of Bali. Taxis can be found at the domestic and international terminals of Ngurah Rai International Airport. Typically, the taxis in Bali are metered, and the fares are determined by the distance traveled. If you do not use a metered taxi, be sure to negotiate a fair price with the driver.
2. Car rental
Travelers in groups or those with a lot of luggage may decide to rent vehicles for more space. A number of car rental companies are located within the Ngurah Rai International Airport arrivals terminal. The rental rate is determined by the type of vehicle you choose and the location of your destination. Fuel and a driver are not included.
3. City transport
A cheaper form of transportation to Denpasar and throughout Bali is the minibus. Minibuses can be located outside of the airport, and the rates to destinations near and far are affordable. Minibus fares to the city center from the airport usually range between 5,000 Rp and 10,000 Rp per person. Be sure to confirm with the driver that the minibus you board is heading to downtown Denpasar.
Transportation from Yogyakarta City Center to Adi Sutjipto International Airport
Travelers departing from Adi Sutjipto International Airport have several modes of transportation available for reaching the airport from the city center, including:
1. Trans Jogja Bus
The Trans Jogja public bus system offers specific routes and stops for citizens and travelers throughout Yogyakarta. The bus operates similar to the Transjakarta buses in Jakarta. The Trans Jogja bus system has recently implemented a payment system, so travelers who switch buses do not need to pay multiple times. The buses operate between the hours of 5:30 a.m. and 9:30 p.m., with a fare of 4,000 Rp per person. The Trans Jogja bus routes passing through the airport are the following.
• Trans Jogja 1A Prambanan-Adisutjipto International Airport-JEC
• Trans Jogja 1B Adisutjipto International Airport-JEC-Lean Chess
• Trans Jogja 3A Adisutjipto International Airport-Giwangan-Jokteng Kulon
• Trans Jogja 3B Giwangan-Adisutjipto International Airport-Kotagede
You may also choose to access the airport via train. Simply ride the Prambanan Ekspress or Prameks train toward Maguwo station near Adi Sutjipto International Airport. The trains operate between the hours of 6 a.m. and 8 p.m., every day at a cost of 3,000 Rp per person.
3. Damri Bus
Damri buses also access the airport from the Yogyakarta city center and beyond. These buses operate from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., every day. The Damri bus routes traveling to the airport are the following.
• Damri Adisutjipto-Kebumen
• Damri Adisutjipto-Magelang
• Damri Adisutjipto-Purworejo
Travelers can take taxis from anywhere within the city of Yogyakarta and its nearby areas to Adi Sutjipto International Airport. The taxis are typically metered, and the cost is calculated based on the distance traveled.
5. Car rental
You may also rent a vehicle to travel to the airport. Numerous car rental agencies are located throughout the city of Yogyakarta and can be used to access the airport. The fares vary depending on the type of vehicle chosen and the distance between your location and the airport.
Departing from Yogyakarta
Arriving at Denpasar (Bali)
- Labuan Bajo (LBJ) - Denpasar (Bali) (DPS) tickets
- Makassar (UPG) - Denpasar (Bali) (DPS) tickets
- Lombok (LOP) - Denpasar (Bali) (DPS) tickets
- Bandung (BDO) - Denpasar (Bali) (DPS) tickets
- Surabaya (SUB) - Denpasar (Bali) (DPS) tickets
- Yogyakarta (JOG) - Denpasar (Bali) (DPS) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Denpasar (Bali) (DPS) tickets
Yogyakarta to Denpasar (Bali) — page rating
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.