Surabaya SUB - Jakarta JKT
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital city of the Republic of Indonesia. It is the largest and busiest city in the country and is Indonesia’s political, cultural and economic center. In addition to stunning skyscrapers and towering apartment complexes, which are rarely found in other parts of the country, Jakarta offers a huge selection of sites that appeal to tourists of all types. Visitors can venture to the picturesque Thousand Islands, the Istiqlal Mosque, the shining National Monument, the Jakarta Cathedral, the Ragunan Zoo, hundreds of eateries, modern markets and of course, historic Kota Tua Jakarta, or Jakarta’s “Old Town.” Soekarno-Hatta International Airport is where most travelers to Jakarta arrive, but the Halim Perdanakusuma and Pondok Cabe military airports also serve as smaller ports of entry for visitors.
How long the time of flight is?
The flight time for a direct flight between Surabaya and Jakarta is 1 hour 30 minutes.
Time difference between cities
Surabaya and Jakarta are both in the Indonesia Western Time Zone. This means that if the time in Surabaya is 9 a.m., it is also 9 a.m. in Jakarta.
• Six airlines operate direct flights between Surabaya and Jakarta. They are Lion Air, AirAsia, Sriwijaya Air, Citilink, Batik Air and Garuda Indonesia
• There are 71 scheduled flights between Surabaya and Jakarta each day.
• Forty percent of all scheduled direct flights from Surabaya to Jakarta are operated by Garuda Indonesia.
• Thirty-five percent of all scheduled direct flights from Surabaya to Jakarta depart in the morning.
• 50 percent of all schedule direct flights from Surabaya to Jakarta arrive in the evening.
General information about this route
The distance for direct flights from Juanda International Airport to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta is 692 kilometers (430 miles).
Information about Surabaya
Surabaya is the capital of the East Java province and the second largest city in Indonesia following Jakarta. Dubbed Kota Pahlawan or “City of Heroes,” Surabaya gained much importance during the Battle of Surabaya in solidifying support for the independence of Indonesia. The City of Heroes is also home to a variety of famous tourist attractions, including the Suramadu Bridge, which is now the longest bridge in Indonesia. Tourists can also spend days browsing Surabaya’s monuments and museums, like the House of Sampoerna, the Heroes Monument (Tugu Pahlawan) and the Museum Sepuluh November. Surabaya is also home to the scenic Wonorejo Mangrove Forest and other must-visit natural sites. Most travelers flying into Surabaya will arrive at Juanda International Airport in Sedati, which is currently one of the busiest airports in the country.
How long the time of flight is?
The flight time for a direct flight between Jakarta and Surabaya is 1 hour 30 minutes.
Time difference between cities
There is no time difference between Jakarta and Surabaya, because both cities are in the Indonesia Western Time Zone. This means that if the time in Jakarta is 11 a.m., it is also 11 a.m. in Surabaya.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport to Jakarta City Center
Travelers arriving at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta have several transportation options available for reaching downtown Jakarta and beyond. Those options are the following.
1. Damri Bus
The Damri buses available at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport serve various routes to the Jakarta city center and beyond, including Bekasi, Karawang, Depok and others. The fare varies from 40,000 Rp to 65,000 Rp depending on the route taken and distance traveled. Damri buses operate between 2 a.m. and 7 p.m., and they can be found at the airport’s domestic and international terminals.
The taxis available at the airport include regular and executive cabs. These taxis can take you anywhere within the Jakarta city center and to a variety of nearby locations. The fare always varies based on the distance traveled, but the usual rate to reach downtown Jakarta from the airport is 200,000 Rp. Online taxis can also be ordered from your smartphone and picked up at the airport. These taxi fares are based on the distance traveled and are always non-negotiable.
Several buses are available at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport to take you to the city center of Jakarta and beyond. Those bus routes and fares are the following.
• Agra Mas Soekarno-Hatta International Airport - PGC Cililitan PP 35,000 Rp per person
• Hiba Utama Soekarno-Hatta International Airport - Depok PP Rp 50,000 Rp per person
• Sinar Jaya Soekarno-Hatta International Airport - Cullinan PP Rp 50,000 Rp per person
• Primajasa Soekarno-Hatta International Airport - Bandung PP Rp 115,000 Rp per person
4. Travel operator
There are three official travel operators available at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. These travel operators, Cipaganti, Citi Trans and X-Trans, are available to transport travelers to Bandung. The rates vary between 50,000 Rp and 250,000 Rp. The travel operators can be located at each Soekarno-Hatta International Airport terminal.
5. Rental car
Travelers can also rent a vehicle at the airport from one of the many available providers, including Garuda Blue, Laks Prima Transport, Golden Bird, Trac and Premier League Indonesia.
6. Shuttle bus
In addition to the free shuttle bus that moves travelers from one terminal at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport to another, there is a shuttle bus to transfer travelers to Carrefour TransMart Cikokol. This shuttle bus departs Soekarno-Hatta International Airport for TransMart Cikokol at 8:30 p.m., 11:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Transportation from Surabaya City Center to Juanda International Airport
Travelers flying out of Juanda International Airport in Surabaya have numerous transportation options for reaching the airport from the city center and beyond. Those options are the following.
1. Damri Bus
Travelers can reach the airport from downtown Surabaya and its nearby areas via Damri bus. Damri bus fares from the Surabaya city center to the airport typically range from 30,000 Rp to 35,000 Rp. The buses operate from 4 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day. There are two Damri bus routes available from Surabaya to the airport.
• Bungurasih Bus Terminal (Purabaya) - PP Juanda International Airport
• Gresik - PP Juanda International Airport
2. Commercial taxi
Commercial taxis can be located throughout Surabaya, and any of them can be used to travel to Juanda International Airport. However, these commercial taxis can not pick up passengers at the airport. Primkopal and Kokapura taxis are the only cabs permitted to transfer passengers from the airport to other locations throughout the city and beyond.
Flight route between Surabaya and Jakarta: distance 690 km
Departing from Surabaya
Arriving at Jakarta
- Ambon (AMQ) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Kupang (KOE) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Pangkal Pinang (PGK) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Palangkaraya (PKY) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Singapore (SIN) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Bengkulu (BKS) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Balikpapan (BPN) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Jambi (DJB) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Malang (MLG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Jayapura (DJJ) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Lombok (LOP) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Pekanbaru (PKU) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Padang (PDG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Batam (BTH) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Semarang (SRG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Palembang (PLM) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Pontianak (PNK) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Solo (SOC) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Banjarmasin (BDJ) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Yogyakarta (JOG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.