Medan KNO - Jakarta JKT
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital city of the Republic of Indonesia. This thriving city, a favorite of tourists and locals alike, serves as Indonesia’s economic, political and cultural center. Known for its shimmering skyscrapers, the city is also home to an abundance of cultural and natural sites that shouldn’t be missed. Visitors can travel to the postcard-worthy beaches of Thousand Islands in addition to nearby Tidung and Scout islands. In the city, Kota Tua Jakarta (“Old Town” Jakarta), the Ragunan Zoo, Jakarta Cathedral, National Monument and the Istiqlal Mosque are must-see cultural sites. In addition to all of the must-visit cultural and natural destinations, tourists can indulge in hundreds of eateries, shopping malls and countless nightlife venues. Most visitors to the capital city and its nearby destinations enter through the popular Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, which is the largest and busiest airport in all of Indonesia.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required for a direct flight from Medan to Jakarta is 2 hours and 25 minutes.
Time difference between cities
There is no time difference between the cities of Medan and Jakarta. If the time is 12 p.m., in Medan, the time is also 12 p.m., in Jakarta.
• Five airlines operate direct flights from Medan to Jakarta. Those airlines include Batik Air, Garuda Indonesia, Sriwijaya Air, Lion Air and Citilink.
• There are 36 scheduled direct flights from Jakarta to Medan each day.
• Fifty-three scheduled direct flights are available each week for the Medan to Jakarta flight route.
• The largest aircraft that flies nonstop from Medan to Jakarta is the Boeing 737-900. It can hold 213 passengers.
• Fifty-five percent of all scheduled direct flights from Medan to Jakarta depart in the morning
• Forty percent of all scheduled direct flights from Medan to Jakarta arrive in the afternoon
General information about this route
The distance for direct flights from Kuala Namu International Airport (KNO) in Medan to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) in Jakarta is 1435 kilometers or 875 miles.
Information about Medan
Medan is the capital of Indonesia’s North Sumatra province and the third largest metropolitan city in the country. The city serves as an important gateway to the western region of Indonesia for travelers and locals alike. However, Medan is not a place you want to simply pass through. The city is home to an abundance of cultural sites that shouldn’t be missed, including the Masjid Raya Medan, Merdeka Walk, Rahmat Wildlife Gallery, the historic Kesawan neighbourhood, Medan Merdeka Square, the Tjong A Fie Mansion, and Maimun Palace. In addition to sightseeing in the city, travelers can venture into nature and visit Lake Toba, Bukit Lawang, Berastagi and countless other natural wonders. Kualanamu International Airport is the most prominent port of entry into the city of Medan, and it often serves as a resting point for those traveling farther west. Kualanamu International Airport is also the second largest airport in all of Indonesia.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required to take a direct flight from Jakarta to Medan is 2 hours and 20 minutes.
Time difference between cities
There is no time difference between the cities of Jakarta and Medan. If the time is 10 a.m., in Jakarta, the time is also 10 a.m., in Medan.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport to Jakarta City Center
Travelers landing at Jakarta’s Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta have numerous transportation options available for reaching the city center and beyond. Those options are the following.
1. Damri Bus
Damri buses serve routes to destinations across the city, including Blok M, Gambir, Kemayoran, Mangga Dua and numerous others. The Damri buses available at the airport also access areas outside of the city center, like Depok, Serang and Bekasi. The bus fare from the airport to downtown Jakarta is typically 40,000 Rp to 65,000 Rp, depending on the route you take. Damri buses operate from 2 a.m. to 7 p.m., and they can be found at each Soekarno-Hatta International Airport terminal.
Regular and executive taxis offer services from the airport to destinations throughout the city and beyond. Travelers can also use online taxis, such as Uber and Grab, to travel from the airport to locations across Jakarta. Online taxis must be booked online through the taxi company’s smartphone application.
Several buses travel from the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport terminals to locations throughout Jakarta and beyond. Those bus routes and fares are the following.
• Agra Mas route Soekarno-Hatta - PGC Cililitan PP 35,000 Rp per person
• Hiba Utama route Soekarno-Hatta - Depok PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Sinar Jaya route Soekarno-Hatta - Cileungsi PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Primajasa route Soekarno-Hatta - Bandung PP 115,000 Rp per person
4. Travel operator
There are three travel operators currently available at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport to transport travelers to Bandung. The travel operators are Cipaganti, Citi Trans and X-Trans, and fares range from 50,000 Rp to 250,000 Rp.
5. Car rental
A number of car rental companies are located at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in case you’d like to rent a vehicle for your visit. The most commonly used rental companies are Garuda Blue, Laks Prima Transport, Golden Bird, Trac and Premier League Indonesia.
6. Shuttle bus
A free shuttle bus travels to TransMart Cikokol Carrefour from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport numerous times throughout the day. The bus departs to airport for TransMart Cikokol at 8:30 a.m., 11 a.m., 2:30 p.m., and 3:30 p.m.
Transportation from Medan City Center to Kualanamu International Airport
Travelers departing from Kualanamu International Airport in Medan have numerous transportation options for reaching the airport from the city center. Those options are the following.
Travelers can take the train from the Medan Central Station in the heart of Medan near the City Hall and Merdeka Square. Train service to the airport costs 100,000 Rp per person each way. The train will take you directly to the Airport Railway Station at Kualanamu International Airport in 30 to 45 minutes.
2. Damri Bus
Damri buses can be located at numerous locations throughout the city and taken to the airport. The Damri bus routes and fares for transportation to the airport are the following.
• Terminal Amplas- Kualanamu PP 15,000 Rp
• Plaza Medan Fair - Kualanamu PP 20,000 Rp
• Stabat - Kualanamu PP 50,000 Rp
3. ALS Bus
The ALS buses serve the following routes to Kualanamu International Airport.
• Gagak Hitam Ringroad - Kualanamu PP Rp 20,000 Rp
• Terminal Binjai - Kualanamu PP 40,000 Rp
4. Almasar Bus
The Almasar bus serves just one route to Kualanamu International Airport. The route is Jalan Cemara-Kualanamu, and the fare is 22,000 Rp for one-way service.
5. Paradep Bus
Paradep buses travel from locations outside of the city to Kualanamu International Airport. Travelers pay roughly 60,000 Rp to reach the airport from Siantar, Tebing Tinggi and other nearby areas.
The official airport taxis that operate services to Kualanamu International Airport are Blue Bird, Ekspress, Karsa and Nice. Some of these taxis use meters, and the fare to the airport from the Medan city center is usually between 150,000 Rp and 200,000 Rp. If the taxi is not metered, it’s important to bargain with the driver to reach a fair price for your transportation. A number of unofficial taxis, operating private vehicles, are also located throughout the city for transportation to the airport.
Flight route between Medan and Jakarta: distance 1388 km
Departing from Medan
Arriving at Jakarta
- Ambon (AMQ) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Kupang (KOE) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Pangkal Pinang (PGK) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Palangkaraya (PKY) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Bengkulu (BKS) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Balikpapan (BPN) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Jambi (DJB) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Malang (MLG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Jayapura (DJJ) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Lombok (LOP) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Pekanbaru (PKU) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Padang (PDG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Batam (BTH) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Semarang (SRG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Palembang (PLM) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Pontianak (PNK) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Solo (SOC) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Banjarmasin (BDJ) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Yogyakarta (JOG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Makassar (UPG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.