Makassar UPG - Jakarta JKT
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital city of the Jakarta province as well as the capital of the Republic of Indonesia. The city, located in the northern region of the island of Java, is the most populated and largest city in the country. The city is the country’s cultural, economical and political hub, with everything from glimmering skyscrapers to historic temples and picturesque natural scenery. Visitors can enjoy marine tourism at the Thousand Islands, wander the historic streets of Jakarta’s “Old Town,” visit the National Monument and discover countless other attractions that continue to lure in tourists from around the world. Visitors will also fall in love with the city’s hundreds of shopping malls, delicious eateries and thriving nightlife scene. Most travelers reach Jakarta through Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, which is also the largest and busiest airport in the country.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required to take a direct flight from Makassar to Jakarta is 2 hours and 20 minutes.
Time difference between cities
The time in Makassar is always one hour ahead of the time in the city of Jakarta. For example, if it is 9 p.m. in Makassar, then the time in Jakarta is only 8 p.m.
• There are five airlines that serve the flight route from Makassar to Jakarta. Those airlines are Batik Air, Lion Air, Garuda Indonesia, Citilink and Sriwijaya Air.
• There are 47 scheduled daily flights that fly directly from Makassar to Jakarta.
• There are 52,375 seats available each week for direct flights from Makassar to Jakarta.
• Lion Air offers 84 direct flights from Makassar to Jakarta.
• Lion Air provides 29 percent of the total direct flights on the route from Makassar to Jakarta.
• The smallest aircraft flying directly from Jakarta to Makassar is the Boeing 737-500, which carries 120 passengers.
General information about this route
The flight distance from Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport (UPG) in Makassar to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) in Jakarta is 1,398 kilometers.
Information about Makassar
Makassar is the capital of the South Sulawesi province. Formerly known as Ujung Pandang, Makassar is the fifth largest metropolitan city in Indonesia and one of the country’s many historical and cultural hubs. Makassar is overflowing with tourist sites and nature-rich destinations that shouldn’t be missed. Visitors can wander the 17th-century Dutch Fort Rotterdam, attend the third-largest theme park in the world (Trans Studio Makassar), shop at the country’s first underground shopping center and visit the captivating floating mosque at Losari Beach. Additionally, nature lovers will fall in love with the Bantimurung-Bulusaraung National Park just 40 kilometers north of the city center. Makassar is one of the best places to learn about South Sulawesi’s former inhabitants, rich history and modern developments. Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport is one of the main ports of entry into Makassar, and it serves as a popular jumping point for adventures throughout all of eastern Indonesia.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required to fly from Makassar to Jakarta is 2 hours and 20 minutes.
Time difference between cities
The time difference between Jakarta and Makassar is 1 hour. If the time in the city of Jakarta is 10 a.m., then the time in Makassar is 11 a.m.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport to Jakarta City Center
Travelers landing at Jakarta’s Soekarno-Hatta International Airport have numerous transportation options for reaching downtown Jakarta and its nearby areas. Those options are the following.
1. Damri Bus
Damri buses are available at all the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport terminals. They serve many routes to various locations throughout the city and a number of destinations outside of the city center. The Damri bus fare depends on the distance to your destination, but fares typically range between 40,000 Rp and 65,000 Rp. These buses operate from 2 a.m. to 7 p.m., every day.
Regular and executive taxis are available for hire at the airport. Simply select whether you prefer a regular or executive taxi (a more luxurious vehicle), and name your destination inside or outside of the city. You may also choose to take an online taxi, such as Uber or Grab, which can be reserved through a smartphone application.
Several buses pick up passengers at the airport terminals. Those routes and fares are the following.
• Agra Mas route Soekarno-Hatta - PGC Cililitan PP 35,000 Rp per person
• Hiba Utama route Soekarno-Hatta - Depok PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Sinar Jaya route Soekarno-Hatta - Cileungsi PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Primajasa route Soekarno-Hatta - Bandung PP 115,000 Rp per person
4. Travel operator
Three travel operators, X-Trans, Citi Trans, and Cipaganti, currently operate services out of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. These travel operators typically offer transportation services to the city of Bandung, and they can be found within the airport arrivals terminal. Rates vary greatly, but typically range between 50,000 Rp and 250,000 Rp.
5. Car rental
You may choose to rent a vehicle from an official rental car operator at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. The most commonly used companies are Prima Laks Transport, Garuda Blue, Golden Bird, Trac and Premier League Indonesia.
6. Shuttle bus
In addition to the free shuttle bus that travels throughout the airport terminals, there is a free bus that travels to Carrefour TransMart Cikokol multiple times per day. The bus departs the airport for TransMart Cikokol at 8:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Transportation from Makassar City Center to Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport
Travelers flying out of Makassar’s Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport have numerous options for transportation from the city to the departure terminal. Those options are the following.
Taxis can be picked up anywhere within the city and its nearby areas for transportation to the airport. A taxi to the airport from downtown Makassar typically costs 80,000 Rp to 100,000 Rp.
2. Damri bus
Damri buses are also available to take travelers to Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport in Makassar. The rate is 25,000 Rp for one-way service, and the buses operate from 5 p.m. to 12 a.m., every day of the week.
3. City Transport/Pete-Pete
The most commonly used form of public transportation in Makassar is the pete-pete. Pete-petes can be used to access the airport, but you’ll have to transfer from one pete-pete to another along your journey. From downtown, you’ll take the first pete-pete to Power Terminal, then at that terminal, you’ll find another pete-pete to Independence Pioneer Road. When you arrive at Independence Pioneer Road, you’ll have a short walk to the airport. One-way travel on a pete-pete costs 4,000 Rp, so the use of two pete-petes costs 8,000 Rp.
Departing from Makassar
Arriving at Jakarta
- Ambon (AMQ) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Kupang (KOE) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Pangkal Pinang (PGK) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Palangkaraya (PKY) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Singapore (SIN) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Bengkulu (BKS) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Balikpapan (BPN) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Jambi (DJB) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Malang (MLG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Jayapura (DJJ) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Lombok (LOP) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Pekanbaru (PKU) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Padang (PDG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Batam (BTH) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Semarang (SRG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Palembang (PLM) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Pontianak (PNK) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Solo (SOC) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Banjarmasin (BDJ) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Yogyakarta (JOG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
Makassar to Jakarta — page rating
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.