Jayapura DJJ - Jakarta JKT
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital of the Jakarta province as well as the capital of the Republic of Indonesia. It’s the largest metropolitan city in Indonesia. As the country’s capital, Jakarta serves as the center of the national economy and government. Because of this, Jakarta is the fastest growing and most modern city in Indonesia. In addition to admiring towering skyscrapers, visitors can see a variety of historical, cultural and natural tourist attractions. Soekarno-Hatta International Airport is the main airport serving the province of Jakarta and Indonesia as a whole.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required for a direct flight from Jayapura to Jakarta is typically 5 hours and 30 minutes.
Time difference between cities
The time difference between Jayapura and Jakarta is 2 hours. If the time in Jayapura is 10 p.m., then the time in Jakarta is 8 p.m.
• Two airlines operate direct flights on the route from Jayapura to Jakarta. They are Batik Air and Garuda Indonesia.
• There are two daily scheduled flights from Jayapura to Jakarta.
• There are 2,597 seats available on direct flights from Jayapura to Jakarta every week.
• One-hundred percent of the direct scheduled flights from Jayapura to Jakarta depart in the morning.
• One-hundred percent of the direct scheduled flights from Jayapura to Jakarta arrive in the afternoon.
• The fastest time for a direct flight on the route from Jayapura to Jakarta is 5 hours and 5 minutes.
• The smallest aircraft to fly directly from Jayapura to Jakarta is the Boeing 737-800 with 156 passenger seats.
• The largest aircraft to fly directly from Jayapura to Jakarta is the Boeing 737-900 with 215 passenger seats.
General information about this route
The distance from Sentani Airport (DJJ) in Jayapura to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) in Jakarta is 3,778 kilometers or 2,040 miles.
Information about Jayapura
Jayapura is the capital of the Papua province. The coastal city is also the most easterly city in Indonesia. Jayapura operated under a number of names before reaching the one it is known by today. Jayapura was called Hollandia from 1910 to 1962, and New Town or Sukarnopura until 1964. The city was officially named Jayapura, meaning City of Victory in Sanskrit, in 1968. Jayapura is now a major center of trade and business on the island of Papua. Sentani Airport is the main airport for those traveling to and from Jayapura and the Papua province.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required to take a direct flight from Jakarta to Jayapura is 5 hour and 35 minutes.
Time difference between cities
The time difference between Jakarta and Jayapura is 2 hours. If the time in Jakarta is 8 p.m., then the time in Jayapura is 10 p.m.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport to Jakarta City Center
Visitors traveling to the city center from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport have several types of public transportation available, including:
1. Damri Bus
Damri buses are available at most airports in Indonesia. The buses can be located at each terminal of Soekarno-Hatta International airport. They operate numerous routes throughout the city center and to Jakarta’s nearby towns, including the areas of Blok M, Gambir, Mangga Dua, Rawa Mangun, Kampung Rambutan, Bekasi, Depok, Serang, Bogor and several other locations. Damri bus fares range from 40,000 Rp to 65,000 Rp per person. The bus tickets can be purchased at the ticket counters in each airport terminal or directly from the bus drivers.
Regular taxis and executive taxis can be located at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. These taxis are typically located in front of each arrival terminal. Jakarta’s taxis are equipped with meters, so the rates vary based on the mileage traveled. A taxi fare from the airport to the city center is usually around 200,000 Rp. Online taxis are also available at the airport, but they must be ordered ahead of time through the applicable smartphone applications. These taxis use private vehicles, and the fares are determined by the distance traveled.
Several additional buses travel through the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport terminal. The routes and fares are the following.
• Agra Mas Soekarno-Hatta Airport - PGC Cililitan PP 35,000 Rp per person
• Hiba Utama Soekarno-Hatta Airport - Depok PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Sinar Jaya Soekarno-Hatta Airport - Cileungsi PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Primajasa Soekarno-Hatta Airport - Bandung PP 115,000 Rp per person
4. Travel Operator
Travelers seeking transportation to Bandung and its nearby areas may prefer to use a travel operator. The travel operators available at the airport are Cipaganti, Citi Trans and X-Trans. The cost of using a travel operator varies from 50,000 Rp to 250,000 Rp per person.
5. Car Rental
If you’re traveling with a large group or a lot of luggage, you may prefer to rent a vehicle to reach your destination. The car rental operators available at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport are Laks Prima Transport, Golden Bird, Garuda Blue, Liga Utama Indonesia and Trac. Car rental rates vary based on the vehicle you choose and the distance traveled.
6. Shuttle Bus
A free shuttle bus also travels from the airport to TransMart Carrefour Cikokol. The bus departs for Cikokol at 8:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m., and 3:30 p.m., every day.
Transportation from Jayapura City Center to Sentani Airport
Travelers flying out of Sentani Airport have several public transportation options available for reaching the airport, including:
Taxis are the most convenient transportation option for travel from Jayapura to the airport, but they’re also the most expensive. Commercial taxis can be located throughout the city; however, taxis in Jayapura are typically sport utility vehicles or minivans rather than traditional sedans. The taxi fares vary based on the distance traveled, and they are the following.
• Jayapura city center - Sentani Airport 250,000 Rp
• Waen - Sentani Airport 200,000 Rp
• Abepura (Goal Abe and Kotaraja) - Sentani Airport 250,000 Rp
• Pasir Dua and the surrounding area - Sentani Airport 350,000 Rp
Ojeks are motorcycle taxis, and they are convenient modes of transportation for those without fellow travelers or excessive luggage. A typical fare for an ojek from the city center to the airport is 60,000 Rp. However, the cost is typically negotiable.
3. Public Transportation
You may also choose to take public transportation from downtown Jayapura to Sentani Airport. The public transportation vehicles are minibuses known as taxis, not to be confused with airport taxis. The cost of using a taxi is typically 5,000 Rp for one-way service, but you’ll have to switch taxis multiple times to reach Sentani Airport. Be sure to confirm your route and destination with the driver before boarding a taxi.
Flight route between Jayapura and Jakarta: distance 3774 km
Arriving at Jakarta
- Ambon (AMQ) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Kupang (KOE) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Pangkal Pinang (PGK) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Palangkaraya (PKY) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Singapore (SIN) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Bengkulu (BKS) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Balikpapan (BPN) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Jambi (DJB) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Malang (MLG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Lombok (LOP) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.