Jakarta JKT - Yogyakarta JOG
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Yogyakarta
Yogyakarta is one of Indonesia’s top tourist destinations and the capital of the Yogyakarta Special Region on the island of Java. The city is known as the island’s center of education and traditional Javanese art, including music, batik, poetry, puppet shows and more. In addition to being a center of the arts, Yogyakarta is home to countless must-visit tourist sites, including Tugu Yogyakarta, the major shopping road Jalan Malioboro, the Prambanan Temple, world-famous Borobudur, the Ratu Boko Palace and more. The area is just as welcoming to nature lovers with captivating natural sites, including Mangunan Orchard, the Parangtritis tourist beach and the Parangkusumo sand dunes. Whether you’re interested in shopping, dining, sightseeing or beachcombing, Yogyakarta is a must-visit destination for island- and culture-loving tourists. A majority of the area’s tourists access the city and its nearby destinations through the city’s bustling Adisutjipto International Airport.
How long the time of flight is?
The flight time for direct flights from Jakarta to Yogyakarta is 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Time difference between cities
Yogyakarta and Jakarta are both in the Indonesia Western Time Zone. If the time in Yogyakarta is 10 p.m., the time in Jakarta is also 10 p.m.
• Six airlines serve the route from Jakarta to Yogyakarta. Those airlines are Garuda Indonesia, Batik Air, Lion Air, Indonesia AirAsia, Citilink and Sriwijaya Air
• Thirty-two scheduled direct flights fly from Jakarta to Yogyakarta each day.
• Thirty-five percent of the total flights from Jakarta to Yogyakarta depart in the morning.
• Twenty-five percent of the scheduled direct flights from Jakarta to Yogyakarta arrive at night.
• The largest aircraft that flies directly from Jakarta to Yogyakarta is the 215-passenger Boeing 737-900.
• The smallest aircraft that flies directly from Jakarta to Yogyakarta is the 120-passenger Boeing 737-500.
• Garuda Indonesia provides 32 percent of the total flights between Jakarta and Yogyakarta.
General information about this route
The distance by air from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) in Jakarta to Adisutjipto International Airport in (JOG) Yogyakarta is 425 kilometers.
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital city of the Republic of Indonesia. This bustling city, a favorite of tourists and full-time residents, serves as Indonesia’s political, cultural and economical center. Known for its towering skyscrapers, the city is also home to cultural and natural sites that shouldn’t be missed. Visitors can venture to the stunning beaches of Thousand Islands as well as the nearby Tidung and Scout islands. In the city, Kota Tua Jakarta, or “Old Town” Jakarta, the Ragunan Zoo, Jakarta Cathedral, National Monument and the Istiqlal Mosque are must-visit cultural sites. In addition to historical, cultural and natural sites, tourists can indulge in hundreds of eateries, shops and nightlife venues. Most visitors to the capital city and its nearby destinations enter through Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, the largest and busiest airport in all of Indonesia. The airport is also the main hub for international and domestic flights entering the country.
How long the time of flight is?
A direct flight from Yogyakarta to Jakarta lasts 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Time difference between cities
Jakarta and Yogyakarta are both in the Indonesia Western Time Zone. If the time in Jakarta is 9 a.m., the time in Yogyakarta is also 9 a.m.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Adi Sutjipto International Airport to Yogyakarta City Center
Travelers landing at Yogyakarta’s Adisutjipto International Airport and seeking transportation into the city center have numerous options. Those transportation options are the following.
1. Trans Jogja Bus
The Trans Jogja buses are similar to those used in Jakarta. They travel from the airport on specific routes to different destinations throughout the city and beyond. Transportation from the airport to the city center is typically just 4,000 Rp for one-way travel. The Trans Jogja buses operate from 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. The following are the four Trans Jogja routes that access Adi Sutjipto International Airport.
• Trans Jogja 1A Prambanan-Adi Sutjipto International Airport-JEC
• Trans Jogja 1B Adi Sutjipto International Airport-JEC-Lean Chess
• Trans Jogja 3A Adi Sutjipto International Airport-Giwangan-Jokteng Kulon
• Trans Jogja 3B Giwangan-Adi Sutjipto International Airport-Kotagede
Travelers who prefer to the ride the train to the airport will have to exit the train at the Maguwo train station near Adi Sutjipto International Airport. When you arrive at the Maguwo train station, you’ll be able to follow directions through underground tunnels to the airport. When leaving the airport, travelers can ride the Prambanan Express Train or Prameks toward Tugu Station in the heart of Yogyakarta. The cost for one-way travel on the train is just 3,000 Rp, and they operate from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
3. Damri bus
Damri buses can be found at the Adi Sutjipto International Airport terminals. They operate from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., every day. The following Damri bus routes travel from the airport to the city.
• Damri Adi Sutjipto-Kebumen
• Damri Adi Sutjipto-Magelang
• Damri Adi Sutjipto-Purworejo
The official taxis operating at Adi Sutjipto International Airport are the Eagle taxis. However, other commercial taxis are able to operate within Adisutjipto International Airport as well. Commercial taxis are typically more affordable than official airport taxis.
5. Car rental
If you prefer more private transportation to your destination, you may choose to rent a vehicle at the airport. There are numerous car rental services available at the exit of the domestic arrivals terminal of Adi Sutjipto International Airport. Rental car rates depend on the type of vehicle you choose and a number of other factors.
Transportation from Jakarta City Center to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
Several transportation options can be used to travel to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport from downtown Jakarta. Those options are the following.
1. Damri Bus
Damri buses operate from 2 a.m. to 7 p.m., every day. They serve numerous routes from locations throughout the city to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. Those locations include Mangga Dua, Blok M, Kebayoran, Gambir, Pasar Minggu, Lebak Bulus, Tanjung Priok and numerous others. The fare charged for transportation to the airport is usually between 40,000 Rp and 65,000 Rp.
Two types of taxis can be used to access the airport from downtown Jakarta, regular taxis and executive taxis. Regular taxis are general commercial taxis, while executive taxis feature a fleet of more luxurious vehicles. Choose whichever type of taxi you’d like to use, and the fare will be determined by the distance traveled. Most regular and executive taxis throughout Jakarta are metered, but executive taxis are always more expensive. Travelers can also use online taxis, like Uber and Grab, to reach the airport from the city.
In addition to Damri buses, several other buses operate routes to the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.
• Mas Agra route PGC Cililitan - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 35,000 Rp per person
• Main Hiba route Depok - Soekarno-Hatta International PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Sinar Jaya route Cullinan - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Primajasa route Bandung - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 115,000 Rp per person
4. Car rental
You may also rent a vehicle to travel to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. There are many car rental services located throughout Jakarta and its nearby areas. The most commonly used car rental companies are Golden Bird, Premier League Indonesia, Garuda Blue, Laks Prima Transport and Trac. The car rental rate is determined by your location and the vehicle you choose.
5. Shuttle bus
A free shuttle bus is also available at Carrefour TransMart Cikokol. This bus departs TransMart Cikokol for the airport at 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m., every day.
Flight route between Jakarta and Yogyakarta: distance 456 km
Departing from Jakarta
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palangkaraya (PKY) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jayapura (DJJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Kupang (KOE) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Bengkulu (BKS) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Ambon (AMQ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Malang (MLG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jambi (DJB) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Semarang (SRG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pontianak (PNK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pekanbaru (PKU) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Balikpapan (BPN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Batam (BTH) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Solo (SOC) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palembang (PLM) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Singapore (SIN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Lombok (LOP) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Banjarmasin (BDJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Padang (PDG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Yogyakarta (JOG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Makassar (UPG) tickets
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.