Jakarta JKT - Surabaya SUB
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Surabaya
Surabaya is the capital of the East Java province and the second largest city in Indonesia following Jakarta. Surabaya is a major port and trade center for Eastern Indonesia. The city is also one of the country’s hottest tourist destinations. Dubbed the City of Heroes, Surabaya is home to a number of world-famous tourist attractions, including the longest bridge in Indonesia, the Suramadu Bridge. Tourists can also spend days browsing Surabaya’s museums and monuments, including the House of Sampoerna, the Heroes Monument and the Museum Sepuluh November. Surabaya is also home to picturesque Kenjeran Beach, the mystical Wonorejo Mangrove Forest and other must-visit natural sites. Most travelers flying into Surabaya will arrive at Juanda International Airport.
How long the time of flight is?
The flight time for a direct flight between Jakarta and Surabaya is 1 hour 30 minutes.
Time difference between cities
Jakarta and Surabaya are both in the Indonesia Western Time Zone. If the time in Jakarta is 10 a.m., the time in the city of Surabaya is also 10 a.m.
• Lion Air offers 490 connecting flights between Jakarta and Surabaya.
• Twenty-seven percent of the total flights from Jakarta to Surabaya depart in the afternoon.
• The smallest aircraft that flies between Jakarta and Surabaya is the Boeing 737-500. It holds 120 passengers.
• The largest aircraft that flies between Jakarta and Surabaya is the Airbus A330-300, which seats 257 passengers.
• Garuda Indonesia operates 29-percent of the flights from Jakarta to Surabaya.
• Six airlines operate flights between Jakarta and Surabaya.
General information about this route
The distance from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta (CGK) to Juanda International Airport in Surabaya (SUB) is 667 kilometers or 360 nautical miles.
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital city of the Republic of Indonesia. It’s also the largest and busiest city in the country. Jakarta celebrates its anniversary on June 22; however, the metropolis hasn’t always held the same name. In fact, Jakarta has changed names 13 times since 1527. Originally known as Sunda Kelapa, Jakarta was once a major trading center for the Sunda Kingdom. Although centuries have passed, Jakarta remains Indonesia’s political, cultural and economic center. In addition to shining skyscrapers and towering apartment complexes, Jakarta offers a huge selection of sites that appeal to tourists of all ages. Soekarno-Hatta International Airport is where most travelers to Jakarta arrive, but the Halim Perdanakusuma Airport and the Pondok Cabe Airport also serve as ports of entry for visitors.
How long the time of flight is?
The flight time for a direct flight between Surabaya and Jakarta is 1 hour 30 minutes.
Time difference between cities
Surabaya and Jakarta are both in the Indonesia Western Time Zone. If the time in Jakarta is 8 a.m., the time in the city of Surabaya is also 8 a.m.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Juanda International Airport to Surabaya City Center
There are number of public transportation options available to those traveling from the airport to downtown Surabaya and beyond. Those options are the following.
1. Damri Bus
You can travel between the Juanda International Airport and the city center by Damri airport bus. The fare varies between 30,000 Rp and 35,000 RP. The route is as follows:
• Juanda International Airport - Bus Terminal Bungurasih (Purabaya) PP
• Juanda International Airport - Gresik PP
2. Primkopal / Kokapura Taxis
The only taxis permitted to operate at Juanda International Airport are the Primkopal or Kokapura taxis. However, passengers can take other commercial taxis from the city of Surabaya to the airport. Those commercial taxis are then unable to pick up passengers at the airport. You can purchase a ticket at the transportation counter near the airport exit to hire a Primkopal or Kokapura Taxi. These rates are typically more expensive than traditional commercial taxi rates.
Transportation from Jakarta City Center to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
Travelers flying out of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport have several options for public transportation to the airport. Those options are the following.
1. Damri Bus
Numerous Damri buses operate routes from downtown Jakarta and nearby areas to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. Travelers can board Damri buses at Blok M, Rawamangun, Kemayoran, Kampung Rambutan, Mangga Dua, Pasar Minggu, Gambir, Tanjung Priok and numerous other locations. These buses are also available from locations outside of Jakarta, including Bekasi, Cikarang, Bogor, Serang, Cibinong, Karawang, Purwakarta and Karawaci. The fares range from 40,000 Rp to 65,000 Rp, and the buses operate from 2 a.m. to 7 p.m. The bus stops feature small shelters for passengers, and they can be found throughout the city.
There are three types of taxis that travelers can use to access Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. The options are regular taxis, executive taxis and online taxis. The difference between executive taxis and regular taxis is the fleet used. Executive taxis are often luxury vehicles with more passenger comforts. However, executive taxi fares are also more expensive than regular or online taxis. The recent introduction of online taxis, such as Uber and Grab, means travelers now have another option for transportation to the airport. These taxis can be booked through smartphone-based applications, and the cost of each ride is determined by the distance traveled. Taxi rides to the airport from downtown Jakarta typically cost 200,000 Rp.
Several buses operate routes to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. Those routes and fares are the following.
• Mas Agra route PGC Cililitan - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 35,000 Rp per person
• Main Hiba route Depok - Soekarno-Hatta International PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Sinar Jaya route Cileungsi - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Primajasa route Bandung - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 115,000 Rp per person
4. Car rental
Travelers in groups or those with a lot of luggage may prefer to rent a car for their trip. Several rental car companies are located throughout the city of Jakarta. Those companies include Garuda Blue, Golden Bird, Premier League Indonesia, Trac and a number of others. Car rental fees are determined by the vehicle you choose and the number of days you wish to rent it.
5. Shuttle bus
A shuttle bus is provided at the airport to move travelers from one terminal to another. An additional free shuttle bus is available at Carrefour TransMart Cikokol to transport travelers to the airport. The bus from TransMart Cikokol departs for the airport at 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m., every day.
Flight route between Jakarta and Surabaya: distance 690 km
Departing from Jakarta
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palangkaraya (PKY) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jayapura (DJJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Kupang (KOE) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pangkal Pinang (PGK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Bengkulu (BKS) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Ambon (AMQ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Malang (MLG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jambi (DJB) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Semarang (SRG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pontianak (PNK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pekanbaru (PKU) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Balikpapan (BPN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Solo (SOC) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palembang (PLM) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Singapore (SIN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Lombok (LOP) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Banjarmasin (BDJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Padang (PDG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Yogyakarta (JOG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Makassar (UPG) tickets
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.