Jakarta JKT - Semarang SRG
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Semarang
Semarang is located on the north coast of the island of Java and is the capital city of the Central Java province. The largest city in the province, Semarang is one of Indonesia’s main political and economical centers. The city, formed on May 5, 1547, was formerly under the control of the Pajang Kingdom and ruled by Jaka Tingkir. Semarang is now a bustling city with countless tourist attractions for visitors to enjoy. Explore the ancient Sam Poo Kong Chinese temple, ride a traditional boat along the Semarang River, dine on Semarang’s signature Bandeng presto or lumpia, and discover the Lawang Sewu, the former office of Dutch railways. The city is also home to the famed Great Mosque of Central Java, a mesmerizing mosque with grounds that span 10 hectares. Most travelers who visit Semarang and Central Java access the area through the Achmad Yani International Airport.
How long the time of flight is?
The time required to take a direct flight from Jakarta to Semarang is 1 hour and 5 minutes.
Time difference between cities
There is no time difference between Jakarta and Semarang. If the time in Jakarta is 6 p.m., then the time in Semarang is also 6 p.m.
• Five airlines offer direct flights from Jakarta to Semarang. Those airlines are Citilink, Batik Air, Garuda Indonesia, Sriwijaya Air and Lion Air.
• There are 29,358 seats available each week for direct flights from Jakarta to Semarang.
• There are 21 scheduled flights traveling directly from Jakarta to Semarang each day.
• Garuda Indonesia provides 38 percent of the total flights from Jakarta to Semarang.
• Lion Air offers 427 connecting flights between Jakarta and Semarang.
• The smallest aircraft flying directly from Jakarta to Semarang is the Boeing 737-500, which seats 120 passengers.
General information about this route
The distance from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CKG) in Jakarta to Achmad Yani International Airport (SRG) in Semarang is 422 km.
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta, once a small trading town located at the mouth of the Ciliwung River, is now one of Indonesia’s largest and most modern metropolises. Jakarta is the capital of the Jakarta province as well as the capital of the Republic of Indonesia. Before settling on the name Jakarta, the city was renamed 13 times, including such titles as Sunda Kelapa, Jayakarta and Batavia. As the cultural, economical and political center of Indonesia, Jakarta is a hotspot for business people and tourists alike. Visitors can discover countless historical, modern and cultural sites, including the beaches of Thousands Islands, National Monument, “Old Town” Jakarta and hundreds of state-of-the-art shopping malls. Most travelers reach Jakarta and destinations across the island of Java through Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, the largest and busiest airport in the country.
How long the time of flight is?
The time required to fly directly from Semarang to Jakarta is 1 hour and 5 minutes.
Time difference between cities
There is no time difference between Semarang and Jakarta. If the time in Semarang is 12 p.m., then the time in Jakarta is 12 p.m.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Achmad Yani International Airport to Semarang City Center
Semarang’s Achmad Yani International Airport is equipped with numerous transportation options for reaching the city and beyond. Those options are the following.
1. Trans Semarang Bus
Trans Semarang buses are similar to Transjakarta buses. Each bus has special routes and bus stops for passengers throughout the city. The Trans Semarang Koridor IV passes through the airport, with buses that continue on toward Cangkiran and Tawang. These buses always stop at the bus stop located outside of the gate to the parking lot. To reach the city center, travelers must take the bus toward Tawang and board the Koridor I bus in Karangayu. The buses belong to the City of Semarang to transport travelers to and from Achmad Yani International Airport. One way tickets on Trans Semarang buses cost 3,500 Rp, which includes transfers. The bus routes that pass through Achmad Yani International Airport are:
• Bus BRT Trans Semarang Koridor IV (Bandara Achmad Yani -> Cakrawala -> Pasar Karang Ayu -> Ada Siliwangi -> Pasar Bulu -> UDINUS -> Stasiun Poncol -> Layur -> Stasiun Tawang)
• Bus BRT Trans Semarang Koridor IV (Bandara Achmad Yani -> Muradi -> Pengadilan -> Jalan Urip Sumoharjo -> Jrakah -> Jalan Dr Hamka -> Jalan RM Hadi Soebeno -> Terminal Cangkiran)
2. Airport Taxi
The only taxis available at Achmad Yani International Airport are the official airport taxis. You can hire an airport taxi at the transportation counter provided. Similar to other airports, the taxis at Achmad Yani International Airport are more expensive than traditional commercial taxis. If you wish to travel with a commercial taxi, you can find them outside of the airport exit.
Transportation from Jakarta City Center to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
Travelers have several modes of transportation available for reaching Soekarno-Hatta International Airport from the Jakarta city center. Those options are the following.
1. Damri Bus
Damri buses operate numerous routes to the airport from locations throughout the city, including Blok M, Kemayoran, Rawa Mangun, Kampung Rambutan, Pasar Minggu, Mangga Dua, Tanjung Prio, Gambir and others. Additionally, these buses pick up passengers from locations outside of the city, such as Bekasi, Bogor, Serang, Cibinong, Karawang, Purwakarta and Depok. The fare charged varies based on the distance traveled, but the cost of taking a Damri bus to the airport is usually between 40,000 Rp and 65,000 Rp. Damri buses operate from 2 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Several types of taxis can be used to access Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, including regular taxis, executive taxis and online taxis. The cost of the taxi ride depends on your location, but fares from the city center are usually around 200,000 Rp.
Several buses operate routes to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, including the following.
• Mas Agra route PGC Cililitan - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 35,000 Rp per person
• Main Hiba route Depok - Soekarno-Hatta International PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Sinar Jaya route Cullinan - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Primajasa route Bandung - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 115,000 Rp per person
4. Car rental
There are many car rental services located throughout Jakarta, including Golden Bird, Garuda Blue, Premier League Indonesia, Trac and several others. A rental vehicle can be used to access the airport, and the rate is determined by your location as well as the vehicle you choose.
A free shuttle bus with a capacity of 25 people is available at Carrefour TransMart Cikokol to transport travelers to the airport. The bus departs TransMart Cikokol at 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m., every day.
Flight route between Jakarta and Semarang: distance 422 km
Departing from Jakarta
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palangkaraya (PKY) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jayapura (DJJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Kupang (KOE) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pangkal Pinang (PGK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Bengkulu (BKS) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Ambon (AMQ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Malang (MLG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jambi (DJB) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pontianak (PNK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pekanbaru (PKU) tickets
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.