Jakarta JKT - Palembang PLM
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Palembang
Palembang is the capital of the South Sumatra province and the second largest city in Sumatra. Palembang is known as one of Indonesia’s oldest cities and was once the capital of the Kingdom of Srivijaya. This history can be discovered in numerous locations throughout the city, which is one of many reasons why tourists have fallen in love with this part of Sumatra. The city is known for its major landmark, the Musi River, which separates the city into two parts. Along the banks of the Musi River, visitors can find the Ampera Bridge, the Musi II Bridge, the Museum of Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II, the Al Munawar Mosque and an abundance of other must-visit tourist sites. In addition to riverside sites, visitors can discover the nearby Punti Kayu Tourism Forest, the Sriwijaya Kingdom Archaeological Park, the People’s Struggle Museum and countless other cultural, natural and historical destinations. Most visitors access Palembang through Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II International Airport, which is a major hub for travelers and businessmen accessing the city and all of South Sumatra.
How long the time of flight is?
The time required for a flight from Jakarta to Palembang is usually 1 hour and 5 minutes.
Time difference between cities
There is no time difference between Jakarta and Palembang. This means that if the time in Jakarta is currently 12 a.m., then the time in Palembang is also 12 a.m.
• Four airlines operate direct flights from Jakarta to Palembang. Those airlines are Lion Air, Garuda Indonesia, Batik Air and Citilink.
• There are 35,327 seats available each week on direct flights from Jakarta to Palembang.
• Thirty-one percent of all direct flights from Jakarta to Palembang depart in the afternoon.
• Lion Air offers 427 connecting flights between Jakarta and Palembang.
• Garuda Indonesia offers 70 direct flights from Jakarta to Palembang.
• The fastest travel time on the route from Jakarta to Palembang is 1 hour.
• The smallest aircraft to fly directly from Jakarta to Palembang is the Boeing 737-500, which has 120 passenger seats.
General information about this route
The distance from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) in Jakarta to Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II International Airport (PLM) in Palembang is 420 kilometers.
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital of the Republic of Indonesia and the capital of the Jakarta province. It is the largest metropolitan city in the country as well as the cultural, political and economical hub. Visitors will find an abundance of must-visit tourist attractions in Jakarta, including underwater adventures at Thousand Islands, hundreds of shopping malls, Merdeka Square, “Old Town” Jakarta and so much more. Whether you’re interested in the outdoors, shopping, world-renowned eateries, ancient temples or historic architecture, you can find it all in the capital city. Most travelers access Jakarta and all of Indonesia through Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, the largest and busiest airport in the country.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required for a direct flight from Palembang to Jakarta is 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Time difference between cities
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II International Airport to Surabaya City Center
Travelers arriving at Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II International Airport in Palembang have numerous transportation options for reaching the city center and beyond. Those options are the following.
Travelers can reach the city center of Palembang from the airport via official airport taxi. These taxis typically offer higher fares than traditional commercial taxis. The official airport taxi fare from Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II International Airport to downtown Palembang is usually between 50,000 Rp and 100,000 Rp, depending on the destination. Commercial taxis are also available for hire outside of the airport exit.
2. Trans Musi Bus
The Trans Musi bus is a public transportation system throughout the city of Palembang. It operates similar to the TransJakarta bus line. Each bus travels a specific route with set stops throughout the city. The Trans Musi bus that passes through Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II International Airport takes the following route: Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II> Hajj Dormitory (Transit Stop)> Campus IGM (Transit Stop)> Terminal Alang Alang Lebar. The fare is 5,000 Rp for one-way service.
3. Damri Bus
Palembang also offers Damri bus routes from the airport to downtown Palembang. The bus available at Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II International Airport travels to Prabumulih, in front of the Parliament's office in Palembang. The fee is 75,000 Rp for one-way service, and the bus can be located in the airport parking lot.
4. Rental car
It is also possible to rent a vehicle at the airport for your travels throughout Palembang and beyond. Rental car fees vary depending on the vehicle you choose and the location of your destination, and the price is often negotiable.
Transportation from Jakarta City Center to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
Travelers flying out of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta have several public transportation options for reaching the airport from the city center and beyond, namely:
1. Damri Bus
Damri buses can be taken to the airport from numerous areas throughout Jakarta, including Blok M, Rawamangun, Tanjung Priok, Mangga Dua, Gambir and others. The buses operate from 2 a.m. to 7 p.m., every day. The rate charged depends on the route chosen, but transportation to the airport from the city center is typically between 40,000 Rp and 65,000 Rp per person. Damri buses can be picked up at the Damri bus shelters located throughout the city.
The taxi is the most popular form of public transportation used to get to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. Travelers can choose from regular taxis, executive taxis and online taxis. The fare to downtown Jakarta varies based on the location of your destination, but it is typically around 200,000 Rp for one-way service. Most taxis available throughout Jakarta are equipped with meters, so you will not need to negotiate a price.
Several bus routes travel to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. They are the following.
• Mas Agra route PGC Cililitan - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 35,000 Rp per person
• Main Hiba route Depok - Soekarno-Hatta International PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Sinar Jaya route Cileungsi - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Primajasa route Bandung - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 115,000 Rp per person
4. Car rental
A number of car rental services are located throughout the Jakarta area, and they can be used for transportation to the airport. Car rental fees vary based on your location and the vehicle you choose.
5. Shuttle Bus
A free shuttle bus is also available at Carrefour TransMart Cikokol to transport travelers to the airport. The bus departs TransMart Cikokol for the airport every day at 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 3 p.m.
Flight route between Jakarta and Palembang: distance 420 km
Departing from Jakarta
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palangkaraya (PKY) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jayapura (DJJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Kupang (KOE) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pangkal Pinang (PGK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Bengkulu (BKS) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Ambon (AMQ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Malang (MLG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jambi (DJB) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pontianak (PNK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pekanbaru (PKU) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Balikpapan (BPN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Batam (BTH) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Solo (SOC) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palembang (PLM) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Singapore (SIN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Lombok (LOP) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Banjarmasin (BDJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Padang (PDG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Yogyakarta (JOG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Makassar (UPG) tickets
Arriving at Palembang
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.