Jakarta JKT - Palangkaraya PKY
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Palangkaraya
Palangkaraya is the capital of the Central Kalimantan province of Indonesia. The town, which was once a forest at the edge of the Kahayan River, is now the largest city in terms of land area in the country. The city includes expanses of protected forests, national parks and conservation land. Amazingly, the land in the center of town is mostly composed of white quartz sand. Palangkaraya is not an industrial city, but it remains the province’s center of government, economy and education. The country once debated moving the capital from Jakarta to Palangkaraya, but that major change has not come to fruition. In addition to the city’s importance, it’s one of the most popular tourist destinations in Indonesia. Visitors can explore Tahai Lake, with its blackish red water, Tugu Soekarno Monument Park and countless other tourist attractions. Tjilik Riwut is the closest airport to Palangkaraya and one of the most important entrances into the city.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required for a direct flight from Jakarta to Palangkaraya is 1 hour and 40 minutes.
Time difference between cities
There is no time difference between the city of Jakarta and the city of Palangkaraya. If the time in Jakarta is 5 p.m., then the time in Palangkaraya is also 5 p.m.
• Two airlines operate flights on the route from Jakarta to Palangkaraya. Those airlines are Lion Air and Garuda Indonesia.
• There are four daily scheduled flights on the route from Jakarta to Palangkaraya.
• There are 5,199 seats available each week on direct flights from Jakarta to Palangkaraya.
• Twenty-five percent of all scheduled direct flights on the route from Jakarta to Palangkaraya depart in the morning.
• Twenty-five percent of all scheduled flights from Jakarta to Palangkaraya arrive in the evening.
• Garuda Indonesia offers 14 scheduled direct flights on the route from Jakarta to Palangkaraya every week.
• The fastest travel time on the route from Jakarta to Palangkaraya is 1 hour and 30 minutes.
General information about this route
The distance from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) in Jakarta to Tjilik Riwut Airport (PKY) in Palangkaraya is 496 nautical miles, 570 miles or 918 kilometers.
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital of the country of Indonesia and the capital of the Jakarta province. It’s the largest metropolitan city in Indonesia. As the center of government, economy and national politics, Jakarta is quickly becoming known for its towering skyscrapers, modern amenities and strong infrastructure. The city is also home to an abundance of tourist attractions that attract travelers from around the world in all seasons. Soekarno-Hatta International Airport is the main airport for the city of Jakarta and its surrounding areas.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required to fly directly from Palangkaraya to Jakarta is 1 hour and 40 minutes.
Time difference between cities
There is no time difference between Palangkaraya and Jakarta. If the time in Palangkaraya is 9 a.m., then the time in the capital city of Jakarta is also 9 a.m.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Tjilik Riwut Airport to Palangkaraya City Center
Travelers landing at Tjilik Riwut can use a couple of forms of public transportation to reach the city center of Palangkaraya and beyond. Those options are the following.
The airport taxis available at Tjilik Riwut can be used to reach downtown Palangkaraya. The taxis are located at the airport’s arrivals terminal, and the fare for a taxi ride 9 kilometers from the airport to the city center is 70,000 Rp.
2. Car rental
Travelers with a lot of luggage or those traveling in a group may choose to rent a vehicle for transportation. Car rental services can be located at the airport, and they can be booked upon arrival or online ahead of time. Car rental rates vary based on the distance to your destination, the cost of fuel and the type of vehicle you choose.
Transportation from Jakarta City Center to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
Travelers flying out of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport have several public transportation options available for reaching the airport from the city center of Jakarta, including:
1. Damri Bus
Several Damri bus routes travel to the airport from the city center of Jakarta and its outskirts, including Blok M, Kampung Rambutan, Kemayoran, Rawa Mangun, Mangga Dua, Tanjung Priok, Gambir, Pasar Minggu, Bekasi, Bogor, Serang, Cibinong, Karawang, Purwakarta, Depok and several others. Damri bus rides to the airport cost between 40,000 Rp and 65,000 Rp, and the buses run from 2 a.m. to 7 p.m., every day. The buses can be located at the numerous terminals and Damri bus stops throughout the city and its nearby areas.
Three types of taxis can be used to access the airport from the city center and Jakarta’s surrounding areas. They are regular taxis, executive taxis and online taxis. Most taxi rides to the airport from downtown Jakarta cost around 200,000 Rp. Online taxis should be booked in advance through the applicable smartphone applications.
Several other bus routes travel to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, including:
• Mas Agra route PGC Cililitan - Soekarno-Hatta Airport PP 35,000 Rp
• Hiba Utama route Depok - Soekarno-Hatta Airport PP 50,000 Rp
• Sinar Jaya route Cileungsi - Soekarno-Hatta Airport PP 50,000 Rp
• Primajasa route Bandung - Soekarno-Hatta Airport PP 115,000 Rp
4. Car Rental
Numerous car rental services can be located throughout Jakarta and used for transportation to the airport. Car rental fees vary based on the distance traveled, type of vehicle used and the cost of fuel.
5. Shuttle Bus
A free shuttle bus is available at TransMart Carrefour Cikokol for transportation to the airport. The bus holds 25 passengers and departs TransMart Carrefour at 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 3 p.m., every day.
Departing from Jakarta
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jayapura (DJJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Kupang (KOE) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pangkal Pinang (PGK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Bengkulu (BKS) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Ambon (AMQ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Malang (MLG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jambi (DJB) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Semarang (SRG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pontianak (PNK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pekanbaru (PKU) tickets
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.