Jakarta JKT - Padang PDG
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Padang
Padang is the capital of the West Sumatra province on the west coast of the Indonesian island of Sumatra. Padang is famously one of the greenest and most well-kept cities in the country. It’s also known for its distinct Padang cuisine and the abundance of tourist sites that are available to Padang locals and tourists alike. Visitors can use Padang as a home base for adventures in the Mentawai Islands and Batu Islands or stay closer to town and admire the city’s ancient Chinese and Dutch architecture. The Adityawarman Museum, specializing in Padang’s native Minangkabau ethnic group, the Ganting Grand Mosque, the Muhammadan Mosque and the Vihara Buddha Warman are just a few of the countless historical and cultural sites visitors can enjoy in the Sumatran city. Most visitors access Padang though Minangkabau International Airport, and often use this airport to reach other destinations across Sumatra and all of Indonesia.
How long the time of flight is?
The time required for a direct flight from Jakarta to Padang is 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Time difference between cities
There is no time difference between the city of Jakarta and the city of Padang. If the time in Jakarta is 12 p.m, then the time in Padang is also 12 p.m
• Five airlines serve the route from Jakarta to Padang. These airlines are Lion Air, Garuda Indonesia, Citilink, Batik Air and Sriwijaya Air
• There are 26 daily flights on the direct route from Jakarta to Padang.
• Thirty-seven percent of all flights on the route from Jakarta to Padang depart in the afternoon.
• Thirty-two percent of all flights on the route from Jakarta to Padang arrive in the morning.
• Lion Air provides 47 percent of the total flights for this route.
• The smallest aircraft to fly nonstop from Jakarta to Padang is the Boeing 737-500, which has 120 passenger seats.
• The largest aircraft to fly nonstop from Jakarta to Padang is the Boeing 737-900, which has 213 passenger seats.
General information about this route
The distance from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) in Jakarta to Minangkabau International Airport (PDG) in Padang is 928 kilometers.
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital city of Indonesia and the capital of the province of Jakarta. It’s the largest metropolitan city in the country and is the economical, political and cultural center of Indonesia. Jakarta is known for its shimmering skyscrapers, but the city is also home to an abundance of historical, natural and cultural sites that are loved by tourists and locals alike. Visitors can enjoy the beauty of the Thousand Islands, discover the history of “Old Town” Jakarta or shop in one of more than a hundred shopping malls. With so many must-visit cultural sites, tasty Indonesian eateries and vibrant marketplaces, it’s impossible to feel bored in the capital city. Most travelers access Jakarta through Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, which is also the largest and busiest airport in all of Indonesia.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required to take a direct flight from Padang to Jakarta is 1 hour and 50 minutes.
Time difference between cities
There is no time difference between the city of Padang and Jakarta. If the time in the city of Padang is 10 p.m., then the time in Jakarta is also 10 p.m.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Minangkabau International Airport to Padang City Center
Travelers landing at Padang’s Minangkabau International Airport have several public transportation options available for reaching the city center and beyond. Those options are the following.
Minangkabau International Airport provides airport taxis that can be taken to destinations across the city and its nearby areas. Each taxi fare depends on the distance traveled.
2. Damri bus
Similar to many other airports in Indonesia, Damri buses operate routes to Padang’s Minangkabau International Airport. Travelers should take the route from the airport arrivals terminal to Pasar Raya Padang to reach the downtown area.
3. Tranex Mandiri Bus
The other public transportation option that can be used to get to the Padang city center is the Tranex Mandiri bus. This bus operates a route from the airport to Simpang Lubuk Begalung. It can be found at the Minangkabau International Airport arrival terminal.
Transportation from Jakarta City Center to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
Travelers flying out of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport have several public transportation options available for reaching the airport from the city center, namely:
1. Damri Bus
Damri buses serve numerous routes from the city of Jakarta and its outskirts to the airport. The bus picks up passengers in Kemayoran, Kampung Rambutan, Blok M, Pasar Minggu, Tanjung Priok, Mangga Dua, Rawa Mangun, Gambir, Depok, Bekasi, Bogor, Serang, Karawang, Purwakarta and numerous other locations. The cost for riding a Damri bus varies between 40,000 Rp and 65,000 Rp. The buses operate from 2 a.m. to 7 p.m., every day.
Three types of taxis can be used to access the airport, including regular taxis, executive taxis and online taxis. The cost of a taxi ride to the airport depends on the distance traveled, but taxis from downtown Jakarta to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport typically cost around 200,000 Rp. Most taxis in Jakarta are metered, but online taxis, which can be ordered via smartphone applications, calculate the fares based on mileage.
Several buses routes travel to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, including:
• Mas Agra route PGC Cililitan - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 35,000 Rp per person
• Main Hiba route Depok - Soekarno-Hatta International PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Sinar Jaya route Cileungsi - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Primajasa route Bandung - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 115,000 Rp per person
4. Car rental
Another way of reaching the airport is via rental car. There are many car rental services located throughout Jakarta that can be used to access the airport, including Garuda Blue, Premier League Indonesia, Golden Bird, Trac and several others. Car rental fees depend on the vehicle chosen and the mileage used.
5. Shuttle Bus
A free shuttle bus with a capacity of 25 people is also available to take passengers from Carrefour TransMart Cikokol to the airport. The bus departs TransMart Cikokol at 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 3 p.m., every day.
Flight route between Jakarta and Padang: distance 911 km
Departing from Jakarta
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jayapura (DJJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Kupang (KOE) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pangkal Pinang (PGK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Bengkulu (BKS) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Ambon (AMQ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Malang (MLG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jambi (DJB) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Semarang (SRG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pontianak (PNK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pekanbaru (PKU) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Balikpapan (BPN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Batam (BTH) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Solo (SOC) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palembang (PLM) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Singapore (SIN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Lombok (LOP) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Banjarmasin (BDJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Padang (PDG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Yogyakarta (JOG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Makassar (UPG) tickets
Arriving at Padang
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.