Jakarta JKT - Medan KNO
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Medan
Medan is the capital of Indonesia’s North Sumatra province. It’s the country’s third largest metropolitan city and the largest city on the island of Sumatra. The city serves as an important gateway to the western region of Indonesia. However, you won’t want to pass through Medan without stopping. The city is home to an abundance of tourist sites that shouldn’t be missed, including the Masjid Raya Medan, Maimun Palace, the historic Kesawan neighbourhood, Medan Merdeka Square, the Tjong A Fie Mansion, the Rahmat Wildlife Gallery and so many more. In addition to cultural sites, Medan is home to breathtaking natural scenery that is difficult to rival anywhere else in the country. Travelers can visit Lake Toba, Bukit Lawang, Berastagi and countless other natural wonders. Kualanamu International Airport is the most prominent port of entry into the city of Medan and its surrounding areas.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required to fly directly from Jakarta to Medan is 2 hours and 20 minutes.
Time difference between cities
There is no time difference between Jakarta and Medan. If the time in Jakarta is 12 p.m., the time in Medan is also 12 p.m.
• Five airlines operate direct flights from Jakarta to Medan. Those airlines include Batik Air, Garuda Indonesia, Sriwijaya Air, Lion Air and Citilink.
• There are 29 scheduled direct flights from Jakarta to Medan each day.
• The fastest travel time for a direct flight from Jakarta to Medan is 2 hours and 5 minutes.
• Thirty percent of all scheduled direct flights from Jakarta to Medan are provided by Lion Air and Garuda Indonesia.
• Fifty-five percent of all scheduled direct flights from Jakarta to Medan leave in the morning
• Thirty percent of all scheduled direct flights from Jakarta to Medan arrive in the afternoon
General information about this route
The distance of a direct flight from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) in Jakarta to Medan’s Kualanamu International Airport (KNO) is 1,453 kilometers or 875 miles.
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital of the Republic of Indonesia and the country’s cultural, economical and political center. The massive 661.62-square-kilometer city is home to 11 million residents, and it’s one of Indonesia’s most popular tourist destinations too. Visitors can admire Jakarta’s shimmering skyscrapers, visit picture-perfect beaches and enjoy the city’s numerous cultural sites, including the Jakarta Cathedral, Kota Tua Jakarta (or “Old Town” Jakarta), National Monument, the Istiqlal Mosque and many others. Jakarta is an ideal travel destination for people of varying interests. Most tourists access Jakarta through Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, which is largest and busiest airport in all of Indonesia.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required for a direct flight from Medan to Jakarta is 2 hours and 25 minutes.
Time difference between cities
There is no time difference between the cities of Medan and Jakarta. If the time in the city of Medan is 10 a.m., then the time in Jakarta is also 10 a.m.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Kualanamu International Airport to Medan City Center
Travelers arriving at Medan’s Kualanamu International Airport have numerous transportation options available for reaching the city center and beyond. Those options are the following.
Kualanamu International Airport is the first and only airport in Indonesia to offer an airport train service. The train station is located directly in front of the airport’s arrival terminal. Train fares typically cost 100,000 Rp for one-way service to the city center of Medan. These trains offer comfortable seating, Wi-Fi access and a way to reach the city without dealing with time-consuming traffic issues. The train from the airport stops at the Railway Field station, which is located near the city center.
2. Bus Damri
Damri buses can be found in the parking lot in front of the arrival terminal. Once outside the arrival gate, passengers will see a row of buses at the far right side of the terminal. The Damri buses offer numerous routes from the airport to different locations in Medan. Those routes are as follows.
• Kualanamu International Airport - Terminal Amplas PP 15,000 Rp
• Kualanamu International Airport - Plaza Medan Fair PP 20,000 Rp
• Kualanamu International Airport - Stabat PP 50,000 Rp
3. ALS Bus
The ALS bus is also located at Kialanamu International Airport. The routes for the ALS bus are as follows.
• Kualanamu - Gagak Hitam Ringroad PP 20,000 Rp
• Kualanamu Airport - Terminal Binjai Rp 40,000 Rp
4. Almasar Bus
These buses serve numerous routes from Kualanamu International Airport to the city center.. The fare is typically 22,000 Rp for one-way service.
5. Paradep Bus
These buses serve destinations outside the city, namely Siantar. Passengers can pay 60,000 Rp to ride the bus to Siantar, Tebing Tinggi or other areas outside of the city of Medan.
The official airport taxis, Blue Bird, Ekspress, Karsa and Nice, are available for hire at the Kualanamu International Airport. Some of these taxis operate meters, and the fare to the center of Medan is typically 150,000 Rp to 200,000 Rp. If the taxi is not metered, it’s recommended that you bargain with the driver for a fair price. Travelers should be aware of illegal taxis, which typically use private, unmarked vehicles.
Transportation from Jakarta City Center to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
Travelers flying out of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta have numerous transportation options for reaching the airport from the city center. Those options are the following.
1. Damri Bus
Numerous Damri buses travel to the airport. They can be found in nearly every area of Jakarta, including Blok M, Rawa Mangun, Kemayoran, Mangga dua, Pasar Minggu, Gambir and numerous others. These buses are also available in areas outside of Jakarta, including Bekasi, Bogor, Serang, Cibinong, Karawang, Depok and more. The cost of riding a Damri bus to the airport ranges from 40,000 Rp to 65,000 Rp, depending on the route taken and distance traveled. These buses operate from 2 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Three types of taxis can be used to reach Soekarno-Hatta International Airport from the city center -- regular taxis, executive taxis and online taxis. Executive taxi fares are typically more expensive than regular and online taxi fares, but the vehicles are more luxurious and comfortable. An online taxi can be ordered through a smartphone application, and the fare is determined by the distance traveled.
In addition to Damri buses, several other buses access Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. The routes and fares are the following.
• Mas Agra route PGC Cililitan - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 35,000 Rp per person
• Main Hiba route Depok - Soekarno-Hatta International PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Sinar Jaya route Cullinan - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Primajasa route Bandung - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 115,000 Rp per person
4. Car rental
Numerous car rental services are located throughout Jakarta, making it possible for you to rent a vehicle for transportation to the airport. The most commonly used car rental companies are Golden Bird, Blue Garuda, Indonesia Premier League and Trac. Car rental fees vary depending on your location and the vehicle you choose.
5. Damri Bus
A free shuttle bus is also available at Carrefour TransMart Cikokol for transportation to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. Buses depart TransMart Cikokol for the airport at 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m., each day.
Flight route between Jakarta and Medan: distance 1388 km
Departing from Jakarta
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palangkaraya (PKY) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jayapura (DJJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Kupang (KOE) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pangkal Pinang (PGK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Bengkulu (BKS) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Ambon (AMQ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Malang (MLG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jambi (DJB) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Semarang (SRG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pontianak (PNK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pekanbaru (PKU) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Balikpapan (BPN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Batam (BTH) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Solo (SOC) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palembang (PLM) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Singapore (SIN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Lombok (LOP) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Banjarmasin (BDJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Padang (PDG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Yogyakarta (JOG) tickets
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.