Jakarta JKT - Malang MLG
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Malang
Malang is the second largest city in the East Java province following Surabaya. Located 90 kilometers south of Surabaya and at a higher elevation, Malang features a desirable climate that’s cooler than most other major Indonesian cities. Because of its comfortable climate and unique natural surroundings, Malang is one of Indonesia’s top tourist destinations. The city is known for its famed Malang apples, which grow abundantly in the area. In addition to an abundance of farms, visitors can enjoy the area’s lush forests and gorgeous flowers meshed with modern amenities, like factory outlets and malls. Most leisure and business travelers access Malang through Abdul Rachman Saleh Airport.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required to fly directly from Jakarta to Malang is 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Time difference between cities
There is no time difference between the city of Jakarta and the city of Malang. If the time in Jakarta is 12 p.m., then the time in Malang is also 12 p.m.
• Four airlines operate flights on the route from Jakarta to Malang, including Garuda Indonesia, Batik Air, Sriwijaya Air and Citilink.
• There are 7,665 seats available each week on direct flights from Jakarta to Malang.
• There are eight scheduled flights each day on the route from Jakarta to Malang.
• Sriwijaya Air offers 21 scheduled direct flights from Jakarta to Malang.
• Sriwijaya Air provides 43 percent of the total scheduled direct flights from Jakarta to Malang.
• Fifty-seven percent of all scheduled direct flights from Jakarta to Malang arrive in the morning.
• The smallest aircraft to fly directly from Jakarta to Malang is the Boeing 737-300 with 141 passenger seats.
• The largest aircraft to fly directly from Jakarta to Malang is the Boeing 737-800 with 180 passenger seats.
General information about this route
The distance from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) in Jakarta to Malang’s Abdul Rachman Saleh International Airport (MLG) is 697 kilometers.
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital of the Jakarta province and the capital of the Republic of Indonesia. It is the largest metropolitan city in the country and the center of government, economy, industry and culture. What was once a small farming town in the kingdom of Tarumanagara is now a bustling city with towering skyscrapers and shimmering office buildings. Most business people and travelers access Jakarta and all of Indonesia through Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, the largest and busiest airport in the country.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required to fly directly from Malang to Jakarta is 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Time difference between cities
There is no time difference between the city of Malang and the city of Jakarta. If the time in Malang is 10 a.m., then the time in Jakarta is also 10 a.m.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Abdul Rachman Saleh Airport to Malang City Center
Travelers landing at Abdul Rachman Saleh International Airport have a couple of public transportation options available for reaching downtown Malang. They are the following.
1. Airport taxi
The only taxis permitted to pick up passengers at the airport are the those operated by the Cooperative Air Force. These taxis are not typically equipped with meters, because the rates to certain locations throughout the city and beyond are set. You can locate the airport taxis in the airport parking lot, and transportation to different parts of downtown Malang range from 60,000 Rp to 100,000 Rp.
2. City transport
A less expensive option for transportation throughout Malang and its nearby areas is the city’s public transportation system. You must exit the airport and walk roughly 1 kilometer to locate the public transportation minibuses. The minibuses are not permitted to pick up passengers at Abdul Rachman Saleh International Airport, because it is located within an Air Force compound. The fare for taking public transportation to the city center of Malang is 10,000 Rp.
Transportation from Jakarta City Center to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
Several public transportation options can be used to access Soekarno-Hatta International Airport from locations throughout Jakarta and its nearby cities. They are the following.
1. Damri Bus
Damri buses can be picked up at numerous locations throughout the city, including Gambir, Blok M, Mangga Dua, Kampung Rambutan and several others. They can also be located in several areas outside of the city, such as Depok, Bekasi, Serang, Karawaci and Bogor. Bus rides to the airport from downtown Jakarta and its nearby areas range from 40,000 Rp to 65,000 Rp for one-way service. The buses operate from 2 a.m. to 7 p.m., every day, and they can be found at the special Damri shelters at each location.
Any taxi in the city of Jakarta and its nearby areas can be used to access the airport. Travelers can choose from regular taxis, executive taxis (using a more luxurious fleet of vehicles) or online taxis, which must be ordered through smartphone applications. The cost of a taxi ride to the airport is around 200,000 Rp, depending on your location.
In addition to Damri buses, several other bus routes travel to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, including:
• Agra Mas PGC Cililitan Airport - Soekarno-Hatta PP 35,000 Rp per person
• Hiba Utama route Depok - Soekarno-Hatta PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Sinar Jaya route Cileungsi - Soekarno-Hatta PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Primajasa route Bandung - Soekarno-Hatta PP 115,000 Rp per person
4. Car rental
You may also choose to rent a vehicle for transportation to the airport. Several car rental providers are located throughout the city of Jakarta and its nearby areas.
5. Shuttle Bus
Travelers may also use the free shuttle bus from Carrefour TransMart Cikokol to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. The shuttle bus holds 25 passengers and departs TransMart Cikokol every day at 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 3 p.m.
Flight route between Jakarta and Malang: distance 698 km
Departing from Jakarta
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palangkaraya (PKY) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jayapura (DJJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Kupang (KOE) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pangkal Pinang (PGK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Bengkulu (BKS) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Ambon (AMQ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jambi (DJB) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Semarang (SRG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pontianak (PNK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pekanbaru (PKU) tickets
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.