Jakarta JKT - Makassar UPG
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Makassar
Makassar is the capital of the South Sulawesi province and the largest city on the island of Sulawesi. Formerly known as Ujung Pandang, the city is an important gateway to the eastern regions of Indonesia. Makassar, the fifth largest city in Indonesia, is overflowing with landmarks that have become favorites for locals and tourists alike. Visitors can explore the 17th century Fort Rotterdam, Indonesia’s first underground shopping center (the Karebosi Link), the third largest indoor theme park in the world (the Trans Studio Makassar), the famed floating mosque at Losari Beach and countless other indoor and outdoor attractions. Most visitors access Makassar through the Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport, which also serves as a stop along the route to other destinations across eastern Indonesia.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required to fly directly from Jakarta to Makassar is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Time difference between cities
The time difference between Jakarta and Makassar is 1 hour. If the time in Jakarta is 3 p.m., then the time in Makassar is 4 p.m.
• Five airlines serve the route from Jakarta to Makassar. Those airlines are Garuda Indonesia, Citilink, Sriwijaya Air, Lion Air and Batik Air.
• There are 43,708 seats available each week to fly directly from Jakarta to Makassar.
• Garuda Indonesia provides 31 percent of the overall flights from Jakarta to Makassar.
• Lion Air offers 490 connecting flights between Jakarta and Makassar.
• Thirty-one percent of all scheduled flights on the route from Jakarta to Makassar arrive in the morning.
• The smallest aircraft to fly directly from Jakarta to Makassar is the Boeing 737-500. It can hold 120 passengers.
• The largest aircraft flying directly from Jakarta to Makassar is the Airbus A330-300, which has 257 passenger seats.
General information about this route
The distance from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) in Jakarta to Makassar’s Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport (UPG) is 1,434 kilometers or 774 nautical miles.
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital city of Indonesia and the largest metropolitan city in Indonesia. The city serves as the economical and political center of the country, and visitors often stand in awe of its towering skyscrapers and modern architecture. However, Jakarta is home to a bounty of cultural and natural sites that wow tourists too. Visitors can enjoy marine tourism at the Thousand Islands, visit the National Monument, explore the city’s “Old Town,” shop in hundreds of shopping malls and dine in restaurants from around the world. Jakarta is a city that suits all types of travelers, and most of those travelers arrive through Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, the largest and busiest airport in the country.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time needed for a direct flight from Makassar to Jakarta is 2 hours and 20 minutes.
Time difference between cities
The time difference between the cities of Makassar and Jakarta is 1 hour. If the time in Makassar is 3 p.m., the time in Jakarta is 2 p.m.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport to Makassar City Center
Travelers landing at Hasanuddin International Airport in Makassar have several public transportation options available for reaching the city center and beyond. Those options are the following.
Official and unofficial taxis can be found at Hasanuddin International Airport. Once you leave the arrivals gate, you will see a number of drivers offering taxi services. It’s advised that you use the official airport taxis located near the terminal exit. The rates to downtown Makassar and other nearby locations are set, and they typically range from 80,000 Rp to 100,000 Rp.
2. Damri Bus
Damri buses operate routes from the airport toward the city center and vice versa. The rate is typically 25,000 Rp for one-way service, and the buses operate between the hours of 5 a.m. and 12 a.m.
3. City transport / pete-pete
Travelers seeking a cheaper transportation option can ride the most common form of public transportation in Makassar, the pete-pete. To hire a pete-pete, you will have to take the airport shuttle bus to the airport exit and walk to Independence Pioneer Road. To reach the city center, you will need to take two separate pete-petes. Take the first pete-pete to Power Terminal, then the next pete-pete to the Makassar city center. The rate for one-way service is 4,000 Rp, so you will need to pay 8,000 Rp to make the entire trip from the airport into Makassar. Rates are subject to change at any time.
Transportation from Jakarta City Center to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
Several transportation options are available to passengers accessing Soekarno-Hatta International Airport from downtown Jakarta and nearby areas. Those options are the following.
1. Damri Bus
Damri buses operate from 2 a.m. to 7 p.m., every day. There are numerous Damri bus routes from areas throughout the city, including Gambir, Kemayoran, Mangga Dua, Tanjung Priok, Blok M and others, to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. Damri buses can also be found in areas outside of the city, like Bogor, Depok, Karawang and Serang. The fee for transportation to the airport depends on the distance traveled, but most fares range from 40,000 Rp to 65,000 Rp for one-way service.
Travelers can take regular or executive taxis from any location throughout the city to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. Regular taxis and executive taxis operate similarly, but executive taxis are available for higher fares and feature luxury vehicles. Many taxis throughout the city of Jakarta are metered, but if the taxi you choose is not metered, you’ll have to negotiate a fair price with the driver. Online taxis, such as Uber and Grab, can also be ordered via smartphone applications.
Several buses operate routes to the airport. Those routes and fares are the following.
• Mas Agra route PGC Cililitan - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 35,000 Rp per person
• Main Hiba route Depok - Soekarno-Hatta International PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Sinar Jaya route Cullinan - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Primajasa route Bandung - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 115,000 Rp per person
4. Car rental
There are many car rental companies located throughout Jakarta, and the most popular are Golden Bird, Premier League Indonesia, Garuda Blue, Laks Prima Transport and Trac. The car rental fee depends on your location and the type of vehicle you choose.
5. Shuttle Bus
A free shuttle bus is also available at Carrefour TransMart Cikokol for transportation to the airport. The bus departs TansMart Cikokol at 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 3 p.m., every day.
Flight route between Jakarta and Makassar: distance 1431 km
Departing from Jakarta
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palangkaraya (PKY) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jayapura (DJJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Kupang (KOE) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pangkal Pinang (PGK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Bengkulu (BKS) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Ambon (AMQ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Malang (MLG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jambi (DJB) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Semarang (SRG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pontianak (PNK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pekanbaru (PKU) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Balikpapan (BPN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Batam (BTH) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Solo (SOC) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palembang (PLM) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Singapore (SIN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Lombok (LOP) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Banjarmasin (BDJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Padang (PDG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Yogyakarta (JOG) tickets
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.