Jakarta JKT - Kupang KOE
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Kupang
Kupang is the capital of the East Nusa Tenggara province. The city, located on the island of Timor’s Kupang Bay, is the largest in East Nusa Tenggara. It was named after Nai Kopan, a king who ruled the region before the Portuguese and Dutch colonial eras. Kupang is the governmental and economic center of East Nusa Tenggara. El Tari Airport is one of the main entrances into Kupang and the entire island of Timor. The airport serves numerous domestic flights to the largest cities in Indonesia.
How long the time of flight is?
The travel time required for a flight from Jakarta to Kupang is usually 3 hours.
Time difference between cities
The time difference between the city of Jakarta and the city of Kupang is 1 hour. If the time in Jakarta is 10 a.m., then the time in Kupang is 11 a.m.
• Only one airline operates direct flights from Jakarta to Kupang. That airline is Batik Air.
• There are 14 scheduled direct flights on the route from Jakarta to Kupang every week.
• There are 1,050 seats available on direct flights from Jakarta to Kupang every week.
• Fifty percent of flights from Jakarta to Kupang depart at midnight.
• Lion Air offers 462 connecting flights between Jakarta and Kupang.
• Surabaya and Denpasar are the two most common stops for connecting flights along the route from Jakarta to Kupang.
• The smallest aircraft flying directly from Jakarta to Kupang is the Airbus A320 (Sharklet) with 150 passenger seats.
General information about this route
The distance from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) in Jakarta to El Tari Airport (KOE) in Kupang is 1,041 nautical miles or 1,928 kilometers.
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital of the Jakarta province and the capital of the entire country of Indonesia. As the capital city, Jakarta is the center of the country’s government and economy. Because it is the largest metropolitan city in Indonesia, Jakarta is also a hotspot for tourists and business people from around the world. In addition to towering skyscrapers, visitors can explore countless tourist attractions. Soekarno-Hatta International Airport is the main entrance into the city and its surrounding areas. It is the largest and busiest airport in Indonesia.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required for a direct flight from Kupang to Jakarta is 3 hours.
Time difference between cities
The time difference between Kupang and Jakarta is 1 hour. If the time in Kupang is 8 a.m., then the time in Jakarta is 7 a.m.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from El Tari Airport to Kupang City Center
Travelers landing at El Tari Airport have several public transportation options available for reaching downtown Kupang, including:
1. Airport Taxi
The official airport taxis available at El Tari Airport can be used to access downtown Kupang. Unlike traditional commercial taxis, the airport taxis are minibuses, such as the Toyota Avanza or Toyota Innova. The airport taxis are distinguished from private vehicles with airport taxi logos. The rate for an airport taxi from El Tari to the center of Kupang is 80,000 Rp.
2. City Transport/Bemo
A cheaper transportation option to downtown Kupang is the minibus, or bemo. Bemos are open-air minibuses that travel numerous routes to destinations throughout the city and beyond. To locate a bemo to downtown Kupang, you must exit the airport and walk to the bemo stop on the main road. Be sure to confirm the route with the driver or other minibus users to ensure you reach the correct destination. Minibus rides cost between 3,000 Rp and 5,000 Rp per person.
Motorcycle taxis, or ojeks, can also be used to reach downtown Kupang and other areas. You’ll need to exit the airport to locate an available motorcycle taxi. The fare for an ojek ride from the airport to the city center is usually between 15,000 Rp and 20,000 Rp.
Transportation from Jakarta City Center to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
Travelers departing from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport have several modes of public transportation available for reaching the airport from the city center and its surrounding areas. Those transportation options are the following.
1. Damri Bus
Damri buses operate numerous routes throughout downtown Jakarta and to areas outside of the city. For example, Damri buses travel to Kampung Rambutan, Blok M, Gambir, Kemayoran, Rawa Mangun, Serang, Bekasi, Bogor, Purwakarta and numerous other locations. The buses start operations to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport at 2 a.m., every day. They can be located at the numerous bus stops and terminals throughout the greater Jakarta area, and the fares range from 40,000 Rp to 60,000 Rp per person.
Regular taxis, executive taxis and online taxis can be used to access Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. These taxis are equipped with meters, so the fares are determined by the mileage traveled. A typical taxi fare from downtown Jakarta to the airport costs 200,000 Rp. Online taxis should be booked in advance through the applicable smartphone applications.
Several other bus routes travel to the airport, including the following:
• Agra Mas PGC Cililitan - Soekarno-Hatta PP 35,000 Rp
• Hiba Utama route Depok - Soekarno-Hatta PP 50,000 Rp
• Sinar Jaya route Cileungsi - Soekarno-Hatta PP 50,000 Rp
• Primajasa route Bandung - Soekarno-Hatta PP 115,000 Rp
4. Car rental
Numerous car rental providers can be found throughout Jakarta, and they can be used for transportation to the airport. The rental fee is determined by the type of vehicle you choose, how far you travel and the cost of fuel.
5. Shutle Bus
A free shuttle bus to the airport is available at TransMart Carrefour Cikokol. The bus capacity is 25, and it departs TransMart Carrefour at 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 3 p.m., every day.
Departing from Jakarta
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palangkaraya (PKY) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jayapura (DJJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Kupang (KOE) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pangkal Pinang (PGK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Bengkulu (BKS) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Ambon (AMQ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Malang (MLG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jambi (DJB) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Semarang (SRG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pontianak (PNK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pekanbaru (PKU) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Balikpapan (BPN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Batam (BTH) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Solo (SOC) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palembang (PLM) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Singapore (SIN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Lombok (LOP) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Banjarmasin (BDJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Padang (PDG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Yogyakarta (JOG) tickets
Arriving at Kupang
Jakarta to Kupang — page rating
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.