Jakarta JKT - Jayapura DJJ
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Jayapura
Jayapura is the capital of Indonesia’s Papua province. Located in the far eastern region of Indonesia, Jayapura is the province’s center of government and economy. The city’s seaside location makes it an important trading center as well as a hotspot for tourists in search of stunning natural scenery. Unlike other cities in the Papua province, Jayapura is regarded as a major center of modern development. In addition to being one of Papua’s most advanced towns, Jayapura is home to an abundance of tourist attractions and activities, including Sentani Lake, snorkeling and diving at Tanah Merah and Pasir Enam, professional sporting events and numerous others. Sentani Airport is one of the most important entrances into Jayapura and the entire island of Papua.
How long the time of flight is?
The travel time for a flight from Jakarta to Jayapura is 5 hours and 35 minutes.
Time difference between cities
The time difference between the city of Jakarta and the city of Jayapura is 2 hours. If the time in Jakarta is 8 a.m., then the time in Jayapura is 10 a.m.
• Three airlines operate direct flights on the route from Jakarta to Jayapura, including Lion Air, Garuda Indonesia and Batik Air.
• There are three scheduled flights each day on the route from Jakarta to Jayapura.
• Garuda Indonesia provides 33 percent of the overall scheduled direct flights from Jakarta to Jayapura.
• Garuda Indonesia offers seven scheduled direct flights from Jakarta to Jayapura every week.
• Lion Air provides 467 connecting flights between Jakarta and Jayapura.
• Sixty-seven percent of all scheduled direct flights from Jakarta to Jayapura arrive in the morning.
• The largest aircraft flying directly from Jakarta to Jayapura is the Boeing 737-900 with 215 passenger seats.
• The smallest aircraft flying directly from Jakarta to Jayapura is the Boeing 737-800 with 156 passenger seats.
General information about this route
The distance from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) in Jakarta to Sentani Airport (DJJ) in Jayapura is 3,778 kilometers or 2,040 miles.
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital city of the Jakarta province and the largest metropolitan city in Indonesia. In addition to being the provincial capital, Jakarta is the capital of the Republic of Indonesia. As the country’s capital city, it is Indonesia’s political, cultural and economic center. Jakarta continues to grow in terms of development and population. However, it is also home to an abundance of tourists sites that attract visitors from around the globe, including the picture-perfect Thousand Islands, “Old Town” Jakarta, hundreds of shopping malls and countless others. Soekarno-Hatta International Airport is the main airport serving the greater Jakarta area and the country of Indonesia as a whole.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required to take a direct flight from Jayapura to Jakarta is 5 hours and 30 minutes.
Time difference between cities
The time difference between the city of Jayapura and the city of Jakarta is 2 hours. If the time in Jayapura is 2 p.m., then the time in Jakarta is 12 p.m.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Sentani Airport to Jayapura City Center
Travelers landing at Sentani Airport have several forms of public transportation available for reaching downtown Jayapura. They are the following.
1. Airport Taxi
Taxis are the most convenient transportation option available at the airport, but they are also the most expensive. Taxis can be located at each of the Sentani Airport terminals. The fares for airport taxis are based on the distance traveled, and they are the following.
• Sentani Airport - Jayapura city center 250,000 Rp
• Sentani Airport - Waen 200,000 Rp
• Sentani Airport - Abepura (Tujuan Abe and Kotaraja) 250,000 Rp
• Sentani Airport - Pasir Dua and surrounding area 350,000 Rp
Travelers without a lot of luggage will find that Jayapura’s ojeks are a more affordable transportation option. Ojeks are also known as motorcycle taxis, and they travel just as quickly as traditional commercial taxis. The fare for an ojek from the airport to downtown Jayapura is 60,000 Rp.
3. Taxi public transportation
Jayapura’s public transportation vehicles are also known as taxis, and they shouldn’t be confused with commercial taxis or airport taxis. These taxis, or minibuses, are extremely affordable, but they can only be located outside of the airport exit. Travelers using public transportation should exit the airport and walk through the postal service parking area. This is where the public transportation vehicles, traveling numerous routes throughout the city, can be found. The minibuses travel to the areas of Waena, Abe, Entrop, downtown Jayapura and a number of other locations. Fares start at 5,000 Rp for one-way service, but it’s important to keep in mind that you may have to switch minibuses multiple times to reach your destination. Confirm the route and destination of the minibus with the driver before boarding.
Transportation from Jakarta City Center to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
Travelers departing from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport have several transportation options available for reaching the airport from the city center of Jakarta, such as:
1. Damri Bus
Damri buses operate numerous routes to the airport from areas within the city of Jakarta and beyond. The Damri buses pick up passengers at Blok M, Mangga Dua, Tanjung Priok, Kampung Rambutan, Rawa Mangun, Gambir and several other locations throughout the city. Outside of the city, Damri buses pick up passengers in Bekasi, Depok, Serang, Bogor, Purwakarta and several other areas. These buses can be found at special Damri bus shelters and terminals. Damri bus rides cost from 40,000 Rp to 60,000 Rp depending on the route taken, and they operate from 2 a.m. to 7 p.m., every day.
Three types of taxis can be used to access Soekarno-Hatta International Airport from downtown Jakarta, including regular taxis, executive taxis and online taxis. Jakarta’s taxis are equipped with meters, so the cost of the ride is determined by the distance traveled. Taxi rides from downtown Jakarta to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport typically cost 200,000 Rp. To book an online taxi, you will have to reserve the taxi in advance with the applicable smartphone application. The cost is calculated based on the distance from your location to the airport.
In addition to Damri buses, several buses travel to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. The routes and fares are the following.
• Agra Mas PGC Cililitan Airport - Soekarno-Hatta PP 35,000 Rp per person
• Hiba Utama route Depok - Soekarno-Hatta PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Sinar Jaya route Cileungsi - Soekarno-Hatta PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Primajasa route Bandung - Soekarno-Hatta PP 115,000 Rp per person
4. Car rental
Numerous car rental services are located throughout Jakarta, and they can be used to access the airport. Car rental fees vary based on the mileage used and the type of vehicle rented.
5. Shuttle Bus
A free shuttle bus is available at TransMart Carrefour Cikokol for transportation to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. The bus, which holds 25 passengers, departs TransMart Cikokol at 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 3 p.m., every day.
Departing from Jakarta
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palangkaraya (PKY) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Kupang (KOE) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pangkal Pinang (PGK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Bengkulu (BKS) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Ambon (AMQ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Malang (MLG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jambi (DJB) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Semarang (SRG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pontianak (PNK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pekanbaru (PKU) tickets
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.