Jakarta JKT - Balikpapan BPN
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Balikpapan
Balikpapan is the second largest city in the East Kalimantan province of Indonesia. The city, which was established on Feb. 10, 1896, was known as the “Oil City” for its abundance of oil reserves. With such valuable natural commodities, it’s no wonder that Balikpapan has become a major business destination. However, the city isn’t just a favorite for businessmen and women; it’s a coastal city that offers everything from modern architecture to historical sites and breathtaking beaches. Must-visit tourist sites are plentiful across Balikpapan, including Bekapai Park, the Monumen Perjuangan Rakyat Balikpapan and the Monument, Segara, Manggar and Melawai beaches. The new Balikpapan Botanical Garden, opened in August of 2014, is also a hotspot for visitors hoping to catch a glimpse of the city’s more natural side. The city is known as much more its nature tourism as its business centers. Most visitors access Balikpapan through the Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Airport, which is one of the most important points of access for all of East Kalimantan.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required to fly directly from Jakarta to Balikpapan is 2 hours and 5 minutes.
Time difference between cities
The time difference between Jakarta and Balikpapan is 1 hour. If the time in Jakarta is 12 p.m., then the time in Balikpapan is 1 p.m.
• Five airlines operate flights from Jakarta to Balikpapan. Those airlines are Citilink, Lion Air, Garuda Indonesia, Batik Air and Sriwijaya Air.
• There are 32,774 passenger seats available each week on direct flights from Jakarta to Balikpapan.
• Lion Air offers 490 connecting flights to Jakarta and Balikpapan
• Thirty-six percent of all flights from Jakarta to Balikpapan arrive in the afternoon.
• Thirty-six percent of all flights from Jakarta to Balikpapan leave in the morning.
• The largest aircraft flying directly from Jakarta to Balikpapan is the Airbus A330-200, which has a capacity of 222 passengers.
• The smallest aircraft flying directly from Jakarta to Balikpapan is the Boeing 737-800, which has a capacity of 156 passengers.
General information about this route
The distance between Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) in Jakarta and Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman International Airport (BPN) in Balikpapan is 1,259 kilometers.
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital city of the Republic of Indonesia and the country’s largest metropolitan city. Tourists flock to the city each year to visit its numerous cultural and natural sites. Visitors can spend time on the gorgeous beaches of the Thousand Islands, discover Jakarta’s “Old Town,” admire the Istiqlal Mosque, wander the Jakarta History Museum, taste the best Betawi cuisine and shop in the city’s hundreds of modern shopping malls. Whether you’re seeking nature, culture, modern architecture, thriving nightlife or delicious eats, the capital city offers it all and so much more. Most tourists access Jakarta through Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, the busiest and largest airport in the country.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required to fly directly from Balikpapan to Jakarta is 2 hours and 10 minutes.
Time difference between cities
The time difference between Balikpapan and Jakarta is one hour. If the time in the city of Balikpapan is 10 p.m., then the time in Jakarta is 9 p.m.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman International Airport to Balikpapan City Center
Travelers arriving at Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman International Airport in Balikpapan have several options for public transportation into the city and beyond. Those transportation options are the following.
The official taxis operating at Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman International Airport are Kokapura taxis. Travelers can order these taxis at the airport’s transportation window. The rate charged is based on three categories of regions. Those regions are Ring 1 (downtown, Sudirman) for 70,000 Rp, Ring 2 (suburbs, Kampung Baru) for 90,000 Rp and Ring 3 (farther destinations) for 115,000 Rp. Rates are subject to change at any time, and it is important to keep in mind that Balikpapan’s taxis transport a maximum of four passengers at one time.
2. City transport
To access Balikpapan’s public transportation system, you’ll need to exit the airport. The public transportation, or minibus, that passes the airport is known as Route 7, and it can be identified by its dark green color. The Route 7 minibus follows the route: Terminal Peace - Stal Riding - Sepinggan - Batakan - Manggar - Mount Shoot (PP). The fare is typically 4,500 Rp for one-way service, but the fare is subject to change due to rising fuel prices.
Transportation from Jakarta City Center to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
Travelers flying out of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport have several transportation options available for reaching the airport. Those options are the following.
1. Damri Bus
Damri buses operate from 2 a.m. to 7 p.m., every day. The fares vary from 40,000 Rp to 65,000 Rp for one-way service. Damri bus routes travel to locations throughout the city and beyond, including Blok M, Tanjung Priok, Kemayoran, Mangga Dua, Pasar Minggu, Lebak Bulus, Bogor, Depok, Bekasi, Serang, Karawang and numerous others.
Travelers can take regular or executive taxis from locations through the city and beyond to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. Most taxis throughout Jakarta are metered, but if a taxi is not metered, it’s important to negotiate a fair price with the driver. Additionally, travelers can order online taxis, like Uber and Grab, using smartphone applications.
Several buses operate routes to the airport. They are the following.
• Mas Agra route PGC Cililitan - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 35,000 Rp per person
• Hiba Utama route Depok - Soekarno-Hatta International PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Sinar Jaya route Cileungsi - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Primajasa route Bandung - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport PP 115,000 Rp per person
4. Car rental
Travelers are also able to rent vehicles from numerous car rental services located throughout the city and beyond. The car rental rate depends on your location and the type of vehicle you choose.
5. Shuttle Bus
A free shuttle bus to the airport is available at Carrefour TransMart Cikokol. The bus departs TransMart Cikokol at 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 3 p.m., every day.
Flight route between Jakarta and Balikpapan: distance 1259 km
Departing from Jakarta
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palangkaraya (PKY) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jayapura (DJJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Kupang (KOE) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Bengkulu (BKS) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Ambon (AMQ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Malang (MLG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jambi (DJB) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Semarang (SRG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pontianak (PNK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pekanbaru (PKU) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Balikpapan (BPN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Batam (BTH) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Solo (SOC) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palembang (PLM) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Singapore (SIN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Lombok (LOP) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Banjarmasin (BDJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Padang (PDG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Yogyakarta (JOG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Makassar (UPG) tickets
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.