Jakarta JKT - Ambon AMQ
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Ambon
Ambon is the capital of the Maluku province. Located in the eastern region of Indonesia, Ambon is the largest city in the Maluku Islands, and the city serves as the center of economy, tourism, education and government for the region. Ambon is one of the cities in eastern Indonesia that is developing rapidly. Once the center of sectarian conflict throughout the Maluku Islands, Ambon is now a safer city with a growing tourism industry. The city is a jumping point for exploration of the natural beauty of the Maluku province. Pattimura Airport is one of the most important entrances into Ambon and all of the Maluku Islands.
How long the time of flight is?
The travel time for a direct flight from Jakarta to Ambon is usually 3 hours and 30 minutes.
Time difference between cities
The time difference between the city of Jakarta and the city of Ambon is 2 hours. The time in Ambon is always 2 hours ahead of the time in Jakarta. For example, if the time in Jakarta is 8 a.m., then the time in Ambon is 10 a.m.
• Three airlines offer direct flights from Jakarta to Ambon, including Garuda Indonesia, Batik Air and Lion Air.
• There are four scheduled direct flights on the route from Jakarta to Ambon every day.
• Fifty percent of all scheduled direct flights on the route from Jakarta to Ambon are served by Batik Air.
• There are 3,633 seats available each week on direct flights from Jakarta to Ambon.
• Fifty percent of all scheduled direct flights from Jakarta to Ambon depart at midnight.
• Twenty-five percent of all scheduled direct flights from Jakarta to Ambon arrive in the evening.
• The smallest aircraft to fly directly from Jakarta to Ambon is the Airbus A320 (Sharklets) with 150 passenger seats.
General information about this route
The distance from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) in Jakarta to Pattimura Airport (AMQ) in Ambon is 2,404 kilometers.
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital of the Jakarta province, and at the same time, it is the capital of the Republic of Indonesia. It’s the largest metropolitan city in Indonesia as well as the most populated. As the center of national government and economy, the city is home to a number of national and foreign companies that attract employees and business people from around the world. Jakarta is also home to countless must-visit tourist attractions, ranging from historical architecture and shopping centers to world renowned restaurants and picture-perfect beaches. Soekarno-Hatta International Airport is the main airport serving the greater Jakarta area.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required to take a direct flight on the route from Ambon to Jakarta is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
Time difference between cities
The time difference between the city of Ambon and the city of Jakarta is 2 hours. If the time in Ambon is 5 p.m., then the time in Jakarta is 3 p.m.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Pattimura Airport to Ambon City Center
Travelers seeking transportation from Pattimura Airport to downtown Ambon have several options available. They are the following.
1. Airport Taxi
There are two types of taxis at Pattimura Airport, traditional commercial taxis and taxis using private vehicles. The cost for a taxi from the airport to downtown Ambon is usually between 150,000 Rp and 200,000 Rp. This cost does not include the fee for using the ferry to cross the Bay of Ambon and reduce travel time. If you do not wish to use the ferry, the taxi will travel around the Bay of Ambon, and the trip will take 30 minutes longer.
2. Damri Bus
Damri buses are also available for transportation from the airport to downtown Ambon. Only one Damri bus route is available from Pattimura Airport to Merdeka Square in the city center. The bus fare is 25,000 Rp one-way, and the travel time is roughly 45 minutes. The bus departs the airport at 7 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 3 p.m., every day. The official route is the following: Pattimura Airport -> Hative Besar -> Wayame -> Poka -> Rumah Tiga -> Waiheru -> Nania -> Passo -> Lateri -> Halong -> Galala -> Batu Merah -> Kantor DPRD -> Hotel Manise -> Hotel Amboina -> Tugu Trikora -> Mangga Dua -> Kantor Asuransi Jasindo Ambon -> Hotel Abdulalie -> AY Patty -> Lapangan Merdeka.
In addition to the Damri bus, another bus travels along the route from Hattu to Terminal Mardika in Ambon. The fare is 7,000 Rp per person.
Travelers without a lot of luggage can use the city’s motorcycle taxis, or ojeks, to travel from the airport to downtown Ambon. The distance is 38 kilometers, and the motorcycle taxi fare is just 75,000 Rp.
Transportation from Jakarta City Center to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
Travelers departing from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport have several public transportation options available for reaching the airport from the city center of Jakarta, including:
1. Damri Bus
Damri buses can be located at the terminals and special Damri bus stops located throughout Jakarta and beyond. The buses operate from 2 a.m. to 7 p.m., and pick up passengers at numerous areas throughout the city and other nearby towns. Damri buses travel to Blok M, Mangga Dua, Kampung Rambutan, Gambir, Tanjung Priok, Depok, Bekasi, Bogor, Serang, Karawaci and several other areas. The bus fares to the airport vary from 40,000 Rp to 65,000 Rp.
Any regular, executive or online taxi can be used to reach Soekarno-Hatta International Airport from the city center and surrounding areas. The taxi fares vary, but a ride from downtown Jakarta to the airport usually costs around 200,000 Rp, depending on your distance from the airport.
In addition to Damri buses, several other buses travel to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, such as:
• Agra Mas PGC Cililitan Airport - Soekarno-Hatta PP 35,000 Rp per person
• Hiba Utama route Depok - Soekarno-Hatta PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Sinar Jaya route Cileungsi - Soekarno-Hatta PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Primajasa route Bandung - Soekarno-Hatta PP 115,000 Rp per person
4. Car rental
Numerous car rental services can be found throughout Jakarta and used for transportation to the airport. Car rental fees vary based on the mileage traveled, type of vehicle used, use of a hired driver and fuel cost.
5. Shuttle Bus
A free shuttle bus travels to the airport from TransMart Carrefour Cikokol. The bus departs TransMart Carrefour at 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 3 p.m., every day.
Departing from Jakarta
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palangkaraya (PKY) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jayapura (DJJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Kupang (KOE) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pangkal Pinang (PGK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Bengkulu (BKS) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Ambon (AMQ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Malang (MLG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Jambi (DJB) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Semarang (SRG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pontianak (PNK) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Pekanbaru (PKU) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Balikpapan (BPN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Batam (BTH) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Solo (SOC) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Palembang (PLM) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Singapore (SIN) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Lombok (LOP) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Banjarmasin (BDJ) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Padang (PDG) tickets
- Jakarta (JKT) - Yogyakarta (JOG) tickets
Arriving at Ambon
Jakarta to Ambon — page rating
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.