Denpasar (Bali) DPS - Jakarta JKT
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the culture-filled capital city of the Republic of Indonesia. This bustling 661.52-square-kilometer city is home to roughly 11 million people. Jakarta is a favorite of tourists and full-time residents, and it serves as Indonesia’s political, cultural and economical center. Known as Indonesia’s business hub, the city is strikingly modern with towering skyscrapers and office complexes. However, the city is also home to cultural and natural sites that shouldn’t be missed. Visitors can venture to the stunning beaches of Thousand Islands as well as the nearby Scout and Tidung islands. In the city, Kota Tua Jakarta, or “Old Town” Jakarta, the Jakarta Cathedral, the Ragunan Zoo, National Monument and the Istiqlal Mosque are must-visit cultural sites. In addition to historical, cultural and natural sites, tourists can shop, eat and enjoy vibrant nightlife and live music scenes. Most visitors access the capital city and its nearby destinations through Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, which is the largest and busiest airport in all of Indonesia. The airport is also the main hub for international flights arriving in the country.
How long the time of flight is?
The time required for a direct flight from Denpasar, Bali to Jakarta is 1 hour 55 minutes.
Time difference between cities
Denpasar, Bali, is located in the Indonesia Central Time Zone and Jakarta is located in the Indonesia Western Time Zone. The time in Denpasar is always 1 hour ahead of the time in Jakarta. If the time is 7 p.m., in Jakarta, the time is 8 p.m., in Denpasar.
• Seven airlines operate flights between Denpasar, Bali and Jakarta. Those airlines are Batik Air, Garuda Indonesia, Citilink, Indonesia AirAsia, Lion Air, Sriwijaya Air and AirAsia X.
• Forty scheduled flights fly between Denpasar, Bali and Jakarta each day.
• Thirty-five percent of the total flights between Denpasar and Jakarta are operated by Garuda Indonesia.
• Thirty percent of all flights from Denpasar to Jakarta depart in the morning.
• Twenty-five percent of all scheduled direct flights between Denpasar and Jakarta arrive in the afternoon.
• Garuda Indonesia operates 94 nonstop flights between Denpasar and Jakarta.
• The largest aircraft that flies nonstop from Denpasar to Jakarta is the Boeing 777, which holds 328 passengers.
General information about this route
The distance between Ngurah Rai International Airport in Denpasar, Bali (DPS) and Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta (CGK) is 986 kilometers or 523 nautical miles.
Information about Denpasar
Denpasar is the capital of Indonesia’s Bali province. The city was once the center of the Kingdom of Badung, and it is now the administrative center of the island of Bali. This palm-tree-studded island with picturesque beaches and towering volcanoes is one of the top tourist destinations in Indonesia and all of Southeast Asia. Tourists never have a shortage of things to do on this island littered with historic temples, stunning natural scenes, perfect surfing waves, and of course, plenty of shops, eateries and nightlife. Ngurah Rai International Airport is the main port of entry for for visitors arriving on the island of Bali. It’s one of the busiest and most modern airports in all of Indonesia. The airport also serves as a jumping point for travelers who wish to visit other Indonesian islands during their stay.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required for a direct flight from Jakarta to Denpasar, Bali is 1 hour and 50 minutes.
Time difference between cities
The time difference between Denpasar, Bali and Jakarta is 1 hour. If the time in Jakarta is 10 p.m., then the time in Bali is 11 p.m.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport to Jakarta City Center
There are several transportation options available for travelers arriving at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta. Those transportation options are as follows.
1. Damri Bus
Damri buses can be used to access numerous locations throughout Jakarta, including Rawamangun, Blok M and more. Damri buses also take travelers to other popular destinations outside of the city. These buses operate between the hours of 2 a.m. and 7 p.m., each day, and the price of the bus fare varies according to the traveler’s destination. Most bus fares range between 30,000 Rp and 65,000 Rp. These buses can be found at all Soekarno-Hatta International Airport terminals.
The taxis available at the airport include regular and executive cabs. These taxis can take you anywhere within the Jakarta city center and to a variety of nearby locations. The fare always varies based on the distance traveled, but the usual rate to reach downtown Jakarta from the airport is 200,000 Rp. Online taxis can also be ordered from your smartphone and picked up at the airport. These taxi fares are based on the distance traveled and are always non-negotiable.
Several buses are available at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport to take you to the city center of Jakarta and beyond. Those bus routes and fares are the following.
• Agra Mas Soekarno-Hatta International Airport - PGC Cililitan PP 35,000 Rp per person
• Hiba Utama Soekarno-Hatta International Airport - Depok PP Rp 50,000 Rp per person
• Sinar Jaya Soekarno-Hatta International Airport - Cullinan PP Rp 50,000 Rp per person
• Primajasa Soekarno-Hatta International Airport - Bandung PP Rp 115,000 Rp per person
4. Travel operator
There are three official travel operators available at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. These travel operators, Cipaganti, Citi Trans and X-Trans, are available to transport travelers to Bandung. The rates vary between 50,000 Rp and 250,000 Rp. The travel operators can be located at each Soekarno-Hatta International Airport terminal.
5. Rental car
Travelers can also rent a vehicle at the airport from one of the many available providers, including Garuda Blue, Laks Prima Transport, Golden Bird, Trac and Premier League Indonesia.
6. Shuttle bus
In addition to the free shuttle bus that moves travelers from one terminal at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport to another, there is a shuttle bus to transfer travelers to Carrefour TransMart Cikokol. This shuttle bus departs Soekarno-Hatta International Airport for TransMart Cikokol at 8:30 p.m., 11:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Transportation from Denpasar City Center to Ngurah Rai International Airport
There are several different options of transportation for reaching Ngurah Rai International Airport from Denpasar city center. Those options of transportation are the following.
Official airport taxis operate at the domestic and international terminals of Ngurah Rai International Airport. However, commercial taxis and black plate taxis, such as Uber and Grab, are also available to travelers. Commercial taxis are typically much cheaper than official airport taxis, but it important to establish a set fee to your destination before choosing a cab.
2. Rental car / motorcycle
Many tourists arriving in Bali rent a car or motorbike for their stay. These vehicles can be rented ahead of time through travel agencies for more affordable rates. However, vehicle rentals are also offered at the airport. The rental price depends on the vehicle you choose and how many days you’ll be using it.
3. City Transport or Bemo
Bemos are small open-air minibuses that transport people from one destination to another for an affordable price. These minibuses can be picked up at the domestic and international terminals at Ngurah Rai International Airport. Bemo fares are typically very affordable, ranging between 5,000 Rp and 10,000 Rp for one-way travel.
Flight route between Denpasar (Bali) and Jakarta: distance 982 km
Departing from Denpasar (Bali)
Arriving at Jakarta
- Ambon (AMQ) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Kupang (KOE) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Pangkal Pinang (PGK) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Palangkaraya (PKY) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Bengkulu (BKS) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Balikpapan (BPN) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Jambi (DJB) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Malang (MLG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Jayapura (DJJ) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Lombok (LOP) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Pekanbaru (PKU) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Padang (PDG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Batam (BTH) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Semarang (SRG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Palembang (PLM) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Pontianak (PNK) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Solo (SOC) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Banjarmasin (BDJ) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Yogyakarta (JOG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Makassar (UPG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.