Balikpapan BPN - Jakarta JKT
Best Fares And Flight Information
Book a flight
Information about Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital city of the Republic of Indonesia and the capital of the Jakarta province. It’s the most modern and most populated city in Indonesia. As the capital city, Jakarta is the economical, political and cultural capital of the country, offering countless must-visit sites to tourists and locals alike. Visitors can venture out to the stunning beaches of Thousand Islands or stay within the city and visit famous sites like the National Monument, Istiqlal Mosque, the Jakarta Cathedral and more. Walking the streets of Kota Tua Jakarta, or Jakarta’s “Old Town,” is essential for first-time visitors to the city. Most visitors enter Jakarta through Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, the busiest and largest airport in all of Indonesia.
How long the time of flight is?
The time required for a direct flight from Balikpapan to Jakarta is 2 hours and 10 minutes.
Time difference between cities
The time difference between Balikpapan and Jakarta is 1 hour. Balikpapan is always 1 hour ahead of Jakarta. For example, if the time is 11 p.m., in Balikpapan, the time in Jakarta is only 10 p.m
• Five airlines operate direct flights from Balikpapan to Jakarta.
• Every week, there are 32,774 seats available for travelers wanting to fly directly from Balikpapan to Jakarta.
• The fastest travel time for the Balikpapan to Jakarta flight route is 2 hours.
• Garuda Indonesia provides 36 percent of the total flights for the Balikpapan to Jakarta flight route.
• The largest aircraft flying directly from Balikpapan to Jakarta is the Airbus A330-200, which holds 222 passengers.
• The smallest aircraft with direct flight service between Balikpapan and Jakarta is the Boeing 737-800, which has 156 passenger seats.
General information about this route
The distance between Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman International Airport (BPN) in Balikpapan to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) in Jakarta is 1,259 kilometers.
Information about Balikpapan
Balikpapan is the second-largest city in the East Kalimantan province of Indonesia. Often called the “Oil City,” Balikpapan is praised for its abundance of oil reserves. Because of the city’s unique natural resources, it has grown into one of the country’s major industrial hubs. Founded on Feb. 10, 1897, Balikpapan is also a city with a rich cultural history, and visitors will find no shortage of historical, cultural and natural places to explore. In fact, the city was named the “Most Loved” city by the World Wildlife Foundation in 2015. Visitors can explore Bekapai Park, the Samboja Lestari orangutan conservancy, the nearby Bukit Bangkirai rainforest, and the famous Balikpapan Botanical Garden. The city’s beaches, namely Monument Beach, Melawi Beach, Segara Beach and Manggar Beach, have become favorites among tourists and locals alike. Most travelers access Balikpapan through Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman International Airport, formerly known as Sepinggan Airport, which is one of the most important entrances into the East Kalimantan province.
How long the time of flight is?
The length of time required to fly directly from Jakarta to Balikpapan is 2 hours and 5 minutes.
Time difference between cities
The time difference between Jakarta and Balikpapan is 1 hour. If the time in Jakarta is 10 a.m., then the time in Balikpapan is 11 a.m.
Best fares and promo tickets
Transportation from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport to Jakarta City Center
Travelers arriving at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport have numerous transportation options for reaching the city center of Jakarta and beyond. Those options are the following.
1. Damri Bus
Damri buses can be found at each Soekarno-Hatta International Airport terminal. The buses serve a variety of routes throughout Jakarta and beyond, including Karawang, Depok, Bekasi, Karawaci, Bogor and numerous others. Damri bus fares range from 40,000 Rp to 65,000 Rp per person, depending on the route traveled. The buses operate from 2 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Regular and executive taxis are available at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. These taxis can be used to travel anywhere throughout Jakarta and its nearby areas, and fares typically cost around 200,000 Rp for one-way service. Travelers are also able to book online taxis, such as Uber and Grab, from smartphone applications.
Several buses pick up travelers at the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport terminals. Those routes and fares are the following.
• Agra Mas route Soekarno-Hatta - PGC Cililitan PP 35,000 Rp per person
• Hiba Utama route Soekarno-Hatta - Depok PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Sinar Jaya route Soekarno-Hatta - Cileungsi PP 50,000 Rp per person
• Primajasa route Soekarno-Hatta - Bandung PP 115,000 Rp per person
4. Travel operator
The three official travel operators located at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport are Cipaganti, Citi Trans and X-Trans. Fares to Bandung and other areas along the way range from 50,000 Rp to 250,000 Rp.
5. Car rental
Travelers with a lot of luggage or those traveling in groups may prefer to rent a vehicle for their stay. There are several authorized car rental companies located at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. The most popular rental companies available are Garuda Blue, Golden Bird, Prima Laks Transport, Premier League Indonesia and Trac.
6. Shuttle bus
In addition to the airport’s shuttle bus for transportation between terminals, a free shuttle bus travels to Carrefour TransMart Cikokol numerous times each day. The bus departs the airport for TransMart Cikokol at 8:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m., and 3:30 p.m.
Transportation from Balikpapan City Center to Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman International Airport
Travelers flying out of Balikpapan’s Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman International Airport have numerous transportation options for reaching the airport from the city center and beyond. Those options are the following.
Travelers can take any commercial taxi in Balikpapan and its surrounding areas toward Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Airport. The taxi fare is determined by your distance from the airport.
2. City transport
Travelers seeking cheaper transportation from the city to the airport can take the dark green, Route 7 minibus for 4,500 Rp. The minibus follows the route: Terminal Peace - Stal Riding - Sepinggan - Batakan - Manggar - Mount Shoot ( PP ).
Departing from Balikpapan
Arriving at Jakarta
- Ambon (AMQ) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Kupang (KOE) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Pangkal Pinang (PGK) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Palangkaraya (PKY) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Singapore (SIN) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Bengkulu (BKS) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Balikpapan (BPN) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Jambi (DJB) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Malang (MLG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Jayapura (DJJ) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Lombok (LOP) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Pekanbaru (PKU) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Padang (PDG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Batam (BTH) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Semarang (SRG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Palembang (PLM) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Pontianak (PNK) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Solo (SOC) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Banjarmasin (BDJ) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
- Yogyakarta (JOG) - Jakarta (JKT) tickets
Balikpapan to Jakarta — page rating
We accept ATM / bank transfers, e-payments and credit cards
Customer Service 24/7
(+62) 81 22444 0000
Book a ticket online or over the phone!
Our friendly Customer Care Team provides fast responses to your questions 24 hours a day. Make sure you visit our Help pages where a wide range of topics is covered. We are also available on Live Chat and social media.